This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2] QQ UTG vs 3bet

• Dandiiik
      Dandiiik
      Bronze
      Hi,

Pre standard open. I have 50 hands on villain only, he is 27/21 so far. So he seems to be a looser reg. Vs an MP 3bet I decided to flat because these arent the right positions to go for broke. I expect his range to be tighter, but QQ should be good. 4bet would isolate me.

On this flop I plan to x/c twice. I believe people are not capable of barreling their whole stack as a bluff on NL2 often enough. When he checked OTF I thought I was ok. I think he would have bet any over pair. This looks like a hand with some showdown value such as AK/AQ.

OTT since I put him on a weak range on the flop, it makes sense to me to remain passive. I dont want him to fold his potential bluffs. My range must seem quite weak to him as well so I expected he could start bluffing. His small bet is either a try to take the checked pot down or a slowplayed monster such as TT. No need to raise.

OTR nothing changes. I was ready to call even a larger bet.

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $2 (100 bb)
      BB: $2.18 (109 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $2.27 (113.5 bb)
      MP: $6.14 (307 bb)
      CO: $2.31 (115.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.54 (77 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with :Qs: :Qh:
      Hero raises to $0.06, MP raises to $0.18, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.39) :Tc: :7d: :6h: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($0.39) :3c: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.13, Hero calls $0.13

River: ($0.65) :9h: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32

Results: $1.29 pot ($0.05 rake)
      Final Board: :Tc: :7d: :6h: :3c: :9h:
      Hero showed :Qs: :Qh: and won $1.24 ($0.61 net)
      MP showed :Qc: :Ac: and lost (-$0.63 net)
  • 3 replies
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      Seems ok. You can stab on turn after his check on flop.
    • Post removed

• MrQNo
      MrQNo
      Bronze
      Your arguments are reasonable, but, on NL2, your opponents aren‘t. So on NL2, i try to get all-in preflop with QQ. You wouldn‘t believe what hands i have to see after a preflop push. In most cases, position awareness of your opponents is not very high, so even UTG vs. MP QQ is good enough. I would need special reads to call QQ.

As played, you have value for 2 streets at least. x/c otf is ok, because your opponent has initiative.

After his check, i would bet ott. There are draws that will call your bet, and you want them to pay for completion. So you should lead with 2/3 pot. After your check and his bet, you can calldown.