This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL50] SH Zoom AA, Overpair Facing Turn Check/Raise

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $56.66 (113.3 bb)
      BB: $132.47 (264.9 bb)
      UTG: $77.14 (154.3 bb)
      MP: $17.41 (34.8 bb)
      Hero (CO): $111.67 (223.3 bb)
      BTN: $73.62 (147.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with :Ad: :As:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 2 folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.75) :2d: :8s: :Ts: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.75) :3c: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3, BB raises to $9, Hero calls $6

River: ($23.75) :5c: (2 players)
      BB bets $13.50, Hero folds

Preflop: Openraising for value. BB is unknown, playing 13/0 in 16 hands.

Flop: Cbetting for value. I guess I could make it a bit bigger on this semi-wet board.

Turn: Cbetting for value again and face a weird check/raise. 3c usually won't help his range in any way. I don't think he has 32s, T3s, 83s or 33 at this point alot. Also, sets are probably check/raising the flop and if not, they are most likelly check/calling the turn, too. Decided to call and then decide OTR.

River: Another blank and he bets with the size like he wants me to call. At that point I'm pretty sure he usually has some flop slowplayed monster, so decided to fold.
  • 4 replies
    • Zotyibacsi97
      Zotyibacsi97
      Platinum
      I don't think you can make exploitive folds like this vs an unknown opponent. It's not the best you have the A of spade but this is just a snap call for me. (he can overplay AT and there is a lot of draw miss)
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Really werid line for villain to take. Literally reps nothing. I'd usually be folding here as we don't beat anything but as zoty said, all draws miss. But he should know this, making the fold more viable. Holding the As works against us too.
      But i''ve no idea how to analyse a spot like this, other then population analysis which I assume would point to a fold.
    • pokerboy198229
      pokerboy198229
      Bronze
      Yep, its weird spot, but we do get a good price to call. He might alsvo have some big pairs he slowplayed pre and now wants to get some value of it: JJ/QQ/KK.
    • Zotyibacsi97
      Zotyibacsi97
      Platinum
      Really werid line for villain to take. Literally reps nothing. I'd usually be folding here as we don't beat anything but as zoty said, all draws miss. But he should know this, making the fold more viable. Holding the As works against us too.
      But i''ve no idea how to analyse a spot like this, other then population analysis which I assume would point to a fold.
      If you have info about bb, then it's a easy call or fold (deepends on enemy skill level and stats etc). The more i think about it, better i like the call otr vs unknown.