This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL50] SH Zoom AKo, Overcards in 4bet Pot on Dry Board

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $44.75 (89.5 bb)
      BB: $50 (100 bb)
      UTG: $199.75 (399.5 bb)
      MP: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (CO): $60.06 (120.1 bb)
      BTN: $32.96 (65.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with :Ks: :Ac:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, BTN raises to $3.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $10, BTN calls $6.50

Flop: ($20.75) :4s: :4c: :7d: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $19.71, Hero folds

Preflop: Openning for value. BTN is most likelly a fish, with 64bb stack and stats of 42/17 in 12 hands. Decided to 4bet for value, but he called.

Flop: I think on this board I can maybe just check/call (shove in this case vs his size) because expect him to have enough worse A-highs or random bluffs. His betting range is probably alot wider then a calling range in this situation. That's why I think check/calling is better than betting. Still, I decided to check/fold because am not sure of calling and would probably be close anyway.
  • 4 replies
    • Zotyibacsi97
      Zotyibacsi97
      Platinum
      I c/r that flop ai, one thing you forgot to mention is you have some outs vs pps. IP you can 4b a bit smaller (somewhat around $9)
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zotyibacsi97
      I c/r that flop ai, one thing you forgot to mention is you have some outs vs pps. IP you can 4b a bit smaller (somewhat around $9)
      Yes, I forgot that! About the size, I know the standard would be around 2,5x OOP, but I tried to give him a better price to shove.
    • Dandiiik
      Dandiiik
      Bronze
      If I may express my opinion on an NL50 hand :f_biggrin: I actually like the larger 4bet sizing against a fish with midstack. You make it easier for yourself to go allin and your equity against his range is high enough. But I would consider myself committed even if he calls, especially on this flop. I like your check OTF, you give him the opportunity to bluff the bunch of air he might have. So in this spotlight and considering some outs against some pocket pairs, I would prefer calling his (almost) shove. Or check/raise and put him all in actually.
    • Zotyibacsi97
      Zotyibacsi97
      Platinum
      Ye true and i see why you go bigger :) .