This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How do you review a hand?

• BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Open ended question. You play a session and a hand comes up that troubles you, so you mark it for later.

In your own words, what questions do you ask yourself? What methods do you do to review it? What software do you use? What calculations do you do?
  • 2 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      Difficult question. Depends a bit on what I try to solve. But most often any hand review I do requires me to put villain on a range and then do some EV calculations.

Usually I have a specific question regarding the hand I try to solve. Sometimes if the spot is difficult or the question is about optimal bet sizes, optimal lines, defending frequencies and so on, I usually look if up with Snowie because that is quick. Then if needed I try to solve it with a GTO solver also. And in the end I put all of my knowledge&experience together with the info I got from those software and think what is the best move at the games I'm playing.
    • Dandiiik
      Dandiiik
      Bronze
      Yeah it is a difficult question and the answer depends on the particular hand. As I play on micros, my focus is not on GTO or some balanced ranges and stuff. In general, when I encounter a difficult spot I mark it and review it in HM2. Before I post it in the hand evaluation forum, I try to figure out the right play myself, step by step. That includes trying to consider all of the information I have at my disposal. Stats, notes, history with the villain, sizings, hand strength, pot odds, implied odds etc. Sometimes I put the hand into equilab and try to figure out what my equity is against villains supposed range.

And thats pretty much it :f_cool: