I dont understand a part of the SHC

• wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      Hi,

I dont understand why at the mixed hands it says to CALL in late position when there are 2 or more players calling but to FOLD in late position if there is only 1 caller?!

that doesnt make sense?

I also dont understand why to CALL with KQs if one player raises and at least one opponent calls the raise. but to FOLD the exact same hand if only a person raises and nobody has called yet......?

Thanks in advanced for explaining! i folded some really good hands according to the start when i think it has a mistake on it
  • 3 replies
    • Dyden
      Dyden
      Bronze
      I'm not 100% sure about any of the following, so take it with a grain of salt.

The amount of callers decides the size of the pot, the bigger the pot, the better the pot odds are that you get. If the pot odds are high enough, it's worth calling with the mixed hand, cause you might hit the flop and can win the hand from there. This only needs to happen 1 out x (I don't know x), at those odds (or better), to be profitable in the long run.

If you call with KQ against someone that raised preflop, you're probably up against a high PP, AK, AQ or something along those lines. That means you're probably already behind before you hit the flop.
      With the caller, you get better pot odds, making it +EV in the long run.

As I said at the start though, this is my best _guess_. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give the real answer. ;)

-Dy
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      hey!

thanks a lot it makes a lot more sense now ! :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi wowadvisor,

Dydens answer is already pretty good.

I just want to note that that you call in middle position with mixed hand s but fold with them in late position because in middle position there are still a lot players behind you who may also call and then it's worth playing these hands. If you are in late position then there can't be any callers anymore (or at least not enough often enough).