[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Sh AA

• meridius
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy hand converter:

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, A.
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (22.50 SB) T, 4, K (2 players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.50, SB calls.

Turn: (29.00 BB) T (2 players)
      SB bets $0.15, Hero raises to $1.00, SB raises to $1.85, Hero calls.

River: (109.00 BB) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $3.50, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 249.00 BB.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and tens (A A)
      SB shows three of a kind, tens (A T)
      SB wins with three of a kind, tens (A T).
  • 3 replies
    • Dragar
      Raise flop to 70 or 80 cents if he is a calling station, he is drawing or so and you don't want this unless its very costly for him.

15 cents into 40 cent pot makes it 55 cent. You raise 50 cents more, hence pot increases to 1.05$ and he needs to call 35 cents more... this is good enough to call on a flush draw.

Fold to the river bet.

You might already be beat on the turn

The board paired so a lot of hands can beat you on the turn, normally to his raise you can already find a fold. If not here then on the river.

Try to remember:
      If villain c/r or does a line like that on a very wet board on the turn (straight draw complete, flush draw complete, board paired) you can throw away TPTK and overs. If you still call, and your hand does not improve and he leads out river you defiantly have to fold. If he checks you have to check behind.

Min raise on the limits more often then not means he has a very strong hand now and wants you to stay in it.
    • meridius
      Thanks for your advice. I know that I often call reraises and it usually is a mistake... however, I considered pot odds to be fine on the turn. Calling the river was clearly a mistake...
    • srohack
      raise more on the flop for value
      on the turn is likely you are beat but you cant fold for that small amount .
      river is a clear fold . you dont beat anything now except a king witch i dont think he takes this line with .