This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Jj

• radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $60,12
      BB:
      $27,80

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:spade: , J:heart:
      BU folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BB raises to $3,00, Hero calls $2,00.

Flop: ($6,00) Q:diamond: , 6:club: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $4,50, Hero calls $4,50.

Turn: ($15,00) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($15,00) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8,00, BB raises to $20,30 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $43,30

Some people left the table just before this hand so we are only 3 handed and I'm pretty sure he 3bets very lightly, but I guess I do not feel confident enough on this limit and in SH play overall to 4bet with JJ here which I guess can be the right move? Instead I decide to just call his bet.

What about postflop? What could he have to raise me on the river after check behind turn? 44? 55?
  • 2 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Pre-flop is fine.

If you 4-bet he might shove.... which is a really really ugly spot.

Flop I would lead out 4.5$ myself. If he calls I'd give up turn.

He might have straight or Q on river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Being oop, 3 handed, your hand at that point is monster and I´d just 4-bet and get it all-in pf (once you start increasing your 4-betting you are see there a lot of shove with medium pp-s and maybe also with AJ and some suited connectors).
      c/c river seems more reasonable than lead out, since as you showed you don´t want to call shove and there isn´t too many worse hands which he would call on the river.