This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Spins are fun :)

• Constantin11
      Constantin11
      Platinum
      Hello there,

My name is Constantin.

In this blog I will document my progress playing Spin & Gos on stars.

Here is a graph of all the spins I played so far

And by limits:
      1$

3$

7$

15$

I started to play spins with the singular purpose of reaching the high limits with the help of Spin Legends. This goal is not necessarily just a monetary one, it's also a symbolic one, representing all that needs to be done to reach it. All the time, effort, study, pain, sweat, all the opponents that I need to face to get there, including the worst one of them all - myself.

At the end of this journey I hope to suck a little bit less at poker and improve the skills associated with poker that have a broader application in life.
  • 7 replies
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi Constantin11,

Nice Graphs and I look forward to reading how you get on :f_thumbsup:

good luck at the tables :f_drink:
    • Constantin11
      Constantin11
      Platinum
      In poker you can make consistently the right decisions and still loose. Or you can play bad and win. Sometimes it's just not fair. But if you think about it, life in general is not fair. It resembles poker in a sense. We, like in poker, take a certain line of action based on our inherently limited knowledge and data, some take a line based on gut, emotions etc. Some are running better than their EV, some worse, some are born with their EV line completely messed up, be it upwards or downwards. But results are to some extent beyond our control, even in life.
      And who knows this better than a poker player? Who has the chance to practice this aspect of life better than a poker player? Some degree of adversity in life is inevitable. And yet I cry like a little bi*ch when I loose 16 spins in a row. How can that be of any help? How can my bad reaction make what happened better?
      No matter how bad I feel about the way I ran, my reactions can't possibly change the results from the past. But on the other hand if my reactions are bad, then it can make this moment, the one in which the reaction is occurring, and my future worse. There is literally no upside to having bad reactions to something that already happened.

I think maybe some of the time I will leave this type of mindset related stuff for myself. To have some "pre-thought thoughts" to come back to when I'm metaphorically crying or something :D

I completely burned out at the end of the last month and didn't play 1,5k spins, so 1,5K spins is this month's goal.

@ metalmonkey80, thank you, kind sir. Good luck to you too!
    • Constantin11
      Constantin11
      Platinum
      This past few days I've been pretty close to going broke a few times.

No worries though. My ultra rare Pepe provides some nice support at the -600 mark. I'm ready to bet against anyone that I won't need a reload this month :D

Regarding my play. I'm happy how I play considering things. But I'm not happy cause rarely I'm still doing stupid stuff. I wonder if I will ever reach a time when I won't level myself. Sure, sometimes I look like a genius, most of the time like the biggest idiot tho'. It's just not worth it...
    • Constantin11
      Constantin11
      Platinum
      Hello there,

Long time no update, so let's get to it.

I've been promoted to 30's. I updated the 15's graph from my 1st post.

I joined SL at the end of December from what I remember, but couldn't really invest too much time till February.
      Since February I studied close to 115 videos, attended more than 40 live coachings and played overall 5k+ spins, + various kinds of session reviews that I won't bother to count. And now I finally reached the month that I've been planning for the last couple of months - The Study Month :D

I won't play too much and most of the play will happen in the context of my study.
      But I did set for myself various study objectives, more demanding than everything I did so far, that I hope to achieve as I believe their achievement is imperative for a successful transition to a more grind-heavy "poker-schedule" in the future.

See ya at the end of this month. Let's hope it'll be a fruitful one for all of us!
    • Constantin11
      Constantin11
      Platinum
      Random update time.

I am 70% happy and 30% dissatisfied with my overall "performance".

I generally play ok-ish but man sometimes I randomly play bad some hands.
      It's not a big percentage of them but it just pisses the shit out of me. Seriously, how tf can I be so stupid, even if it's a small percentage of the time???
      I think this is some kind of weird type of "tilt". In game it looks like what I'm doing is pretty rational, I make the decision not based on emotions but rather reasoning (but very flawed). But those weird marked hands, when I review them, by analogy, look as as if I "rationally" decided to shoot myself in the leg. It's just stupid. Srsly WTF...

At the same time I ended up playing kinda tired a lot of the time. Which is unacceptable. I think there are a lot of "non-poker" related factors that I need to better control, which indubitably will have a positive impact on my overall game. In conclusion, the status-quo remains the same: work on my fkin' game, be it by studying specific spots, reviewing, attending coachings, sleeping better, exercising, reading etc. or slapping myself every time I do stupid stuff.

I guess I'll put a graph once I finish 3k spins @30's.
      It will be longer than anticipated unfortunately cause I relocated for the summer and I have a lot of problems with the light & internet, which pisses me off again. I'm pretty pissed in conclusion :D
      So let's go crush somebody and suck out on some regs to feel better :)
    • Constantin11
      Constantin11
      Platinum
      July Update

This month has been decent. Results are good. The only way to interpret them is to assume that I was on an upswing and keep working on my game even harder to make sure that I'm not actually just a big lucky fish :f_biggrin:

At some point I was fighting for the top 3 at my stake promo which comes with a prize from SL, but I think I failed that. Partly by my own doing, because I still choose study over grind knowing I would fail my volume goals because of this, but also because of adverse circumstances. I lost like 7 days of July just by the fact that this shit*ty electricity company that provides the service can't get it's sh*t together. In retrospect, it still tilts me only thinking about it, but at the same time this has been an illuminating experience as well. It brought new aspects of my "game" that I needed to work on and still do. And at the same time I managed to read 3 books because of it, which is nice.

Since the beginning of the Summer I've managed to almost hit the same "study numbers" as before that in aggregate, so this is how I've been feeling lately :s_biggrin:

Obviously I still get rekt on a daily basis. And I wouldn't want it any other way. I just want to soak as much as I can from better players and emulate their strenghts and combine them with mine, but also eliminate or diminish my weaknesses, and maybe that way I'll avoid ending up like Anakin on Mustafar :D

I wanted to also speak my mind about all that happened around Alvaro. The story was developing exactly when I moved to the Diamond team. At some point I ended up being extremely disappointed. I actually started having doubts about Spin Legends. Cause the moment I've been working towards for so much time didn't end up meeting my expectations. All this hype they built around Alvaro, and here I am, In Diamond, and the guy barely has any content. Maybe for spanish is different and there is way more content, but for the english team it can be a bit disappointing. Especially when it turns out that "one of the best spins players in the world" is a fraud. What a joke. Srsly, Fu*ck Alvaro. I said it. And I'm not taking it back. I have never been scared to say exactly what I think and to look you straight in the eye if I feel like it, and most of the days I feel like it.
      But this brings me right to my point:
      Sometimes is easy to forget and not appreciate what you have until it's too late. I don't wanna be that guy. I got so used to Coffee at gold that I almost took him for granted at diamond. The bar was set so high by his coachings that everything seemed average at that point. And the same applies to the other coaches, but man, Coffee is a beast. This guy is extremely knowledgeable. I feel like I barely scratched the surface here. I have so much yet to learn and work towards thanks to this guy. He is amazing. If anyone has any doubt about SL because of what happened to alvaro, I can guarantee that the real treasure here is Coffee and the other coaches, they do all the heavy lifting anyways with us noobs :D

For real, the guy is amazing, I will rest my case with a $100K $Ev graph in the end, no matter how long it might take. I will not rest and will keep this blog going until I put that graph or die in an attempt, prolly the first tho, seems way more plausible, but nothing in life is guaranteed except death apparently.
    • Constantin11
      Constantin11
      Platinum
      It's hard to get any strategical value from your ChipEV in the short term. Ideally, you'd want to analyze your "sample" from a decision making point of view. Let's assume we posses the knowledge to play perfect poker in absolutely every spot, but unfortunately we are humans and thus imperfect and prone to making mistakes. In this scenario I would analyze my sample, be it right after the hand occurred If I am able to do it on the spot or in session reviews if It proves to be difficult, and see how close I actually played to the best way possible, completely neglecting my short term results. This way I'll actually be able to form solid conclusions regarding my play rather than distort them at the whim of my graph.

Obviously we all are far away from playing perfect poker. But everyone of us has his own imperfect variant of this hypothetical "perfect poker". It implies that we played the hand best to our abilities given the knowledge, skill and experience we possess. I think this is the best way to interpret our "results" in the short term: by looking at our decisions rather than the actual results.

With this in mind my goals for this month are:

1. Don't look at the graph till the end of the month.
      2. Play 1,5k spins at 30's.
      3. Finish the remaining individual spot reviews from Diamond.
      4. Read Tool of Titans.
      5. Seek more structure.
      (bonus) Do ISP2