Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $25,00
      BU:
      $36,76

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , K:club:
      7 folds, BU raises to $1,00, Hero raises to $3,00, BB folds, BU calls $2,00.

Flop: ($6,25) J:diamond: , T:club: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2,97, Hero calls $2,97.

Turn: ($12,19) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($12,19) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $5,79, Hero calls $5,79.

Final Pot: $23,77

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows escalera, as alto (Ah Kc)
      BU shows escalera, as alto (As 9s)

Hero wins with escalera, as alto (Ah Kc)
      BU wins with escalera, as alto (As 9s)

I was wondering what is the best way to play this hand if you hit the straight on the flop.

I played it passive but it all went wrong. First the Q on the turn and he cheking. And then on the river the K that didnt help at all and give me a tie and i could have lost everything if he had the flush..

So what you would have done, raise on the flop? i thought he might had fold if i raise, and i wanted to win more with that hand but i dont know...
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      hi Belaragorn,

Sorry you didn´t get feedback about your hand sooner, I was away on vacation and other judges likely missed that post:

About your hand:
      you 3-bet pf with AK mostly to hit A, K or straight, this is dream flop to you and other player would continue a lot of hands, so I would just lead out and expect that he would call/raise a lot of his calling range.
      with cc it is hard to get all his stack and still you have to raise at some point, so I think leading out there is better than c/c, I would choose c/r flop rather than c/c- since that isn´t that strong if you go c/c flop, c/r turn.
      c/c river is fine- he can bet out with worse hands and it is very hard him to call with worse hands.