push with 15BB

• AlphaScorpii
      AlphaScorpii
      Bronze
      Ok here is a situation:

BB=200 and I have 3100 chips

MP limps, SB limps and I am BB with AK.

I raised to 800. MP called and SB folded making a pot 1900.

Flop came TQx. I checked (Didnt want to continuation bet becouse if I do it im pot commited) and MP bets 800. I folded.

I was thinking how i lost so many chips on a good hand and maybe it would be better if I went all in preflop and just take those 600 chips.

Am I thinking right?
  • 5 replies
    • igyigyigy
      igyigyigy
      Bronze
      What stacks did MP and SB have? imo 15BB is good for push but u can also normally bet... but if MP & SB have less chips than u, I prefer shoving preflop in this situation
    • AlphaScorpii
      AlphaScorpii
      Bronze
      they were around my stack 300 chips more or less

I lose almost 1/3 of my stack just to raise preflop and flop miss me. Thats not good...
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      If I were first in I would just raise, but with limpers in front of me I would shove.
    • AlphaScorpii
      AlphaScorpii
      Bronze
      Yep that's what I think also. Next time in situation like this I go all in PF.
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      I would say - if you are going to comming 1/3 of your chips pre flop it is better shove. You generate much more fold equity. If there was an ante, push is even better...

With AK you migh be still ahead and check all-in might be also an option. By this you catch some of his blufs and you might have still 10 outs.

Regards

TTT