beginner question about fpp's at NL10

• yshikllr
      yshikllr
      Bronze
      For NL10, PS awards a vpp for every hand in which the rake reaches $.40

Since the rake is 5% of the pot, that means the pot must be $8.00

My question is if it's really worthwhile to use the SSS in NL10, in terms of accumulating fpp's (which then yield strategypoints here)? Because buying in at $2.00....even a double-up will only usually yield a pot size of $4.00 and will be insufficient for getting a fpp. Should I go to NL25 if I want to use the SSS to get fpp's and strategypoints?
  • 4 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      hi yshikllr;

It doesn't matter whether you play SSS or BSS, because you don't have to invest single cent into the pot to get FPP = it's enough to get dealt in and fold preflop.

BRM is the most important factor in you career so playing above your BRM is not an option at all... Stay to NL10 until you build up big enough bankroll to move up, it's big mistake to do that sooner.

btw: you'd get only small amount of FPPs @ NL25 too, so it's not big difference.
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      dont play for FPP, play to win $.
    • yshikllr
      yshikllr
      Bronze
      okay thanks guys. i was just a bit concerned about not being able to read all the articles on this site to learn more....that's why i asked about the fpp. thanks for letting me know how it works
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      True, BRM is definately the most important thing. However, I did notice a massive jump in FPPs when I moved from NL10 to NL25. When I was clearing my bonus, I spent weeks on NL10, then in 2 day cleared as much FPP on NL25 as I had the whole time on NL10.

However, I had the bankroll on other sites to back it up if I went bust, so I didn't break BRM to move up. If you don't have enough cash to deposit if you run out, don't even think about moving up.