This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL25] middle pair oop!

• fonfry
      fonfry
      Bronze
      I open in MP and CO call, i dont have so many hands of CO.
      The flop is 862 with 2 diamonds and i bet...how do you play here?? do you prefer to check-call?and if you do check call what will you do in turn? do you prefer bet-fold? do you prefer bet-call? and if you do bet-call what will you don in turn?

PokerStars - €0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 110.04 BB (VPIP: 26.97, PFR: 24.72, 3Bet Preflop: 17.14, Hands: 91)
      BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 23.59, PFR: 17.77, 3Bet Preflop: 6.94, Hands: 1,609)
      SB: 140.2 BB (VPIP: 34.95, PFR: 21.43, 3Bet Preflop: 6.67, Hands: 402)
      BB: 96.72 BB (VPIP: 20.71, PFR: 15.13, 3Bet Preflop: 6.98, Hands: 2,304)
      UTG: 118.64 BB (VPIP: 44.32, PFR: 17.05, 3Bet Preflop: 6.38, Hands: 88)
      Hero (MP): 101.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 7:club: 6:club:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (7.4 BB, 2 players) 6:heart: 8:diamond: 2:diamond:
      Hero bets 4.64 BB, CO raises to 13 BB, Hero raises to 26 BB,
      HERO ??
  • 8 replies
    • Tonyx86
      Tonyx86
      Bronze
      Definetely no 4bet on that flop for me. Call and re-evaluate OTR or fold on the reraise? Iam not sure. Cbetting seems fine to me.

Which hands will villain 3bet and fold on ur 4bet here? What is ur plan OTT? There are not many cards in deck we can value betting over the next streets. U have to take the pot down OTT bause u will be committed there.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      It’s tough to 4bet flop in the first place when you are only facing a raise (2bet) :f_wink:

Pre-flop is already a loose open from middle position with a LAG behind you that likes to 3bet a lot.

As played the flop is tricky with middle pair out of position. Calling is meh and 3betting isn’t great ether, but if I 3bet I would make it at least 33bb in total. Now you give him to good odds to call and he could make it tough for you on the turn. I would just give up here.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • la55i
      la55i
      Open pre is fine.
      OTF you hit a weak middle pair and you have just some backdoor draws to go with it. I think cbetting should be fine but check calling would be an option too. Since we are OOP I would like to keep our checking range a bit stronger and this hand seems like a good candidate for that. I think the flop 3bet is overplay. You isolate yourself against stronger hands and you don't have that much nut potential with this hand.
      As played OTT I would most of the time give up. I would give him a lot of credit if he calls a flop 3bet. If you hit an OESD and the card doesn't complete possible flush you could consider shoving.
    • pokerboy198229
      pokerboy198229
      Bronze
      Originally posted by la55i
      Open pre is fine.
      OTF you hit a weak middle pair and you have just some backdoor draws to go with it. I think cbetting should be fine but check calling would be an option too. Since we are OOP I would like to keep our checking range a bit stronger and this hand seems like a good candidate for that. I think the flop 3bet is overplay. You isolate yourself against stronger hands and you don't have that much nut potential with this hand.
      As played OTT I would most of the time give up. I would give him a lot of credit if he calls a flop 3bet. If you hit an OESD and the card doesn't complete possible flush you could consider shoving.
      Thanks for you analysis, and what was the OESD again?
    • la55i
      la55i
      Open ended straight draw. So if you hit a 5 or a 9, you can improve to a straight from both ends (8 outs). If you have a hand like 45 on a 378 board you can only improve to a straight with 6 (4 outs). That is called a gutshot.
    • sdf256
      sdf256
      Bronze
      I prefer to check/call OTF.
      As played.. what do you guys think about folding to his raise? He will probably continue betting OTT and I wouldn't like calling there, so I think folding OTF is a decent option?
    • 234life
      234life
      Bronze
      X/c sometimes, i dont like the 4bet but not bad to close the party in my opinion
    • MatoStar
      MatoStar
      Bronze
      We are OOP, so I would just check/call OTF. Actually if you are OOP (except of SBvsBB) you should check a big part of your range, especially on boards like this. For example some really good players are checking OOP 100% of the time. Generally if you don't know and decide between check and cbet OOP on the flop, I think check will be better option (but not always).