Stack
      SB:
      $51.88
      BB:
      $20.16
      Hero:
      $26.62

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:spade: , T:heart:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BU folds, SB calls $0.90, BB raises to $3.00, Hero calls $2.00, SB folds.

Flop: ($7.00) 6:club: , T:club: , J:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $3.75, Hero raises to $18.25, BB calls $13.41 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $41.32

My thoughts:
      - Preflop I call his 3bet in position for set value. I believe he has a better hand than mine so I would have to be very careful with an over-pair post-flop.

- On the flop I catch my set but the board is triple-suited. I think the only hand he could 3bet with and have the flush is A :club: K :club: but there are plenty of one club hands so I need to protect. So shove on flop?

- Even with the shove he has to call $13.41 to win $41.32 = 32% pot odds. I can't really protect properly but I am probably ahead so I drag the money into the pot regardless?
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Pre-flop play is fine I believe, as you are in position.

When you catch your set in a board like this, there's nothing else you can do, besides shoving. If he's on a draw, you're ahead. Even against a 15 outs draw (with K :club: Qx for example), you're ahead.

If he's on a made flush, you still got many outs against him. So, pretty easy push IMO.

nh
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      NH.
      Your analysis is right.