This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 25 FR - TT set.

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Silver
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $51.88
      BB:
      $20.16
      Hero:
      $26.62

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T:spade: , T:heart:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BU folds, SB calls $0.90, BB raises to $3.00, Hero calls $2.00, SB folds.

Flop: ($7.00) 6:club: , T:club: , J:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $3.75, Hero raises to $18.25, BB calls $13.41 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $41.32

My thoughts:
      - Preflop I call his 3bet in position for set value. I believe he has a better hand than mine so I would have to be very careful with an over-pair post-flop.

- On the flop I catch my set but the board is triple-suited. I think the only hand he could 3bet with and have the flush is A :club: K :club: but there are plenty of one club hands so I need to protect. So shove on flop?

- Even with the shove he has to call $13.41 to win $41.32 = 32% pot odds. I can't really protect properly but I am probably ahead so I drag the money into the pot regardless?
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Pre-flop play is fine I believe, as you are in position.

When you catch your set in a board like this, there's nothing else you can do, besides shoving. If he's on a draw, you're ahead. Even against a 15 outs draw (with K :club: Qx for example), you're ahead.

If he's on a made flush, you still got many outs against him. So, pretty easy push IMO.

nh
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      NH.
      Your analysis is right.