Excel

• Kexia
      Kexia
      Bronze
      I have finally decided to start using Excel to track my SnG progress. However I have no idea how I should do this...

I was wondering if any of you could give me some tips? What do you guys take into consideration? BR? RoI? Anything else? Can anyone tell me how to set this up in Excel?

• 7 replies
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Don't use excell, you'll have to enter all your results manualy (which is a complete drag :p)

If you play on Ipoker I can suggest "poker score", it's freeware and pretty good.
    • mcnuggets
      mcnuggets
      Bronze
      what is this ipoker you speak of?
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      a magical place filled with titan, chili, mansion, ....

a network of pokerrooms with ~identical software ^^
    • Kexia
      Kexia
      Bronze
      I play on Mansion and I can´t see how you can auto-import your results??? I think that is only works for Titan Poker...

btw Thanks for your help. I now use Poker score however I have to type the results in manually. But that´s fine tbh :)
    • shija
      shija
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kexia
      I have finally decided to start using Excel to track my SnG progress. However I have no idea how I should do this...

I was wondering if any of you could give me some tips? What do you guys take into consideration? BR? RoI? Anything else? Can anyone tell me how to set this up in Excel?

I'm using excel for tracking progress and I can tell you how I'm tracking it. You might not want to track it that way (cause it's a little complicated), but maybe it helps you find your own way to track.

I'm using 2-3 sheets.
      1st sheet is daily profit. Columns:
      A - Date
      B - Starting bank (before first tournament that day)
      C - Ending bank (after last tournament that day)
      D - Profit (c2-b2)

2nd sheet is every single tournament. Columns:
      A - Date
      B - Tournament type (if you are playing more then one type of tournament)
      C - Place you finished in tournament. I'm not writing every single place. If I'm not in the money, I'm putting 0 there, So, it looks something like 1-2-2-0-0-1-2 ...
      D - Totaly buy in (summary of all buy ins. If, for example, I played 7 $5,50 sng's then in that column is 38,50 (7*5,50)
      E - Totaly cash out from all of those tournament.
      F - Profit (E2-D2)
      G - ROI - (F2/D2)
    • Andjing
      Andjing
      Bronze
      I have a sheet that keeps track of pretty much everything. You just have to fill out the number of games payed, the hours played and your ITM finishes. I'll translate it to English and then I'll post it here ;)
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      What's the point in using excel?
      Can't think of anything except regressing time spent on each type of tournament on earnings...