This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Fishing Expedition 1/3 NL

• thedessertguy
      thedessertguy
      Basic
      Was playing at the MGM earlier today and I was running hot at the table I was on playing 1/3 NL. I started with 300$ and built up to 8 or 900$ at one point. I was playing pretty tight because the table was only playing big cards, only betting when they have it, and giving me free cards left and right.

I won about 250$ off one guy for example who checked a turn to me, I checked behind and caught the nut flush. He bet the river 75$ and when I went all in he called with a straight.

I made some plays at a few pots and even tried bluffing the donkey at the table losing about 200$ after he called on a river with a rag ace to my Q high. Mostly he was playing garbage and had a really lucky streak after he went broke a few times.

A couple hours into the game I was loosening up my range to eventually take advantage of some made hands; so I was in control. I bluffed off a few chips but the table was very passive and there was typically no action preflop worth talking about. I limped A/Q in position right before my last hand.

The hand in question goes like this:

9 players at the table. All about modest stacks except for me and the donkey. The donkey caught a lucky hand right before this and had the table covered with about 1000$. I had around 750$.

Donkey calls 3$ UTG. Someone then opens in middle position with a small raise around 15$ Had two callers in front of me, I called with 7h4s in CO. I knew I was going to get odds and I was outplaying people post flop. Dealer calls, and then SB goes all in for a total of about 35$. Donkey calls after BB folds, there were calls back to me, and two calls behind me. All total there's about 200$ in the pot.

Flop comes: 5s6s7s

Action on the donkey. Donkey bets out 125$. I didn't really put him on a hand to be honest. The table folds to me. I knew I couldn't call here. If I go all in and he has garbage I can take down his 150$ and have a great shot at the all in. If he has a set I have outs. If he has J/10s or a Q high flush he probably has to fold. If he has a made straight he's gonna fold and I have outs and even a blocker against a big pocket pair with As . Even if he DOES have the nuts I have the straight flush outs.

I went all in for about 750$. Action folds back to him. He snap calls with Q/Ks. Turn comes a 4d and the river was a Js.

Overall the pot was probably good for about $17-1800 after he called and my buy in was only 300$.

Thoughts?
  • 1 reply
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey thedessertguy,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com :welcome:

I'll move this to our Hand Discussion board, where it's more likely to get a response.

If you have any questions for us, then please don't hesitate to ask.

Have fun :gl:

Laz