This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl50 [44]

• veriz
      veriz
      Black
      $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      10 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      Hero (UTG) ($52.00)
      UTG+1 ($58.29)
      UTG+2 ($24.34)
      MP1 ($13.39)
      MP2 ($69.32)
      MP3 ($77.98)
      CO ($44.50)
      BTN ($49.25)
      SB ($55.08)
      BB ($56.74)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 10 players) Hero is UTG 4:diamond: 4:spade:
      Hero bets $2, 1 fold, UTG+2 calls $2, MP1 calls $2, MP2 calls $2, 2 folds, BTN bets $6.25, 2 folds, Hero calls $4.25, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $4.25.

Flop: 5:diamond: 3:heart: 3:spade: ($23.50, 3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks, BTN checks

Turn: 9:club: ($23.50, 3 players)
      Hero bets $12, MP2 calls $12, BTN folds

River: 8:heart: ($47.50, 2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks

No stats on opponents. What do you think about betting the turn?
  • 3 replies
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      I would muck the hand after I get reraised preflop. There are 4 people to act behind you, one short stack and one medium stack who can easily push. Besides I don't think it's profitable to play big pots with small pairs.
      As played I guess it's ok to take a stab on the turn.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      How I would play preflop depends on my reads on BTN. His min raise of so many preflop indicates either a) a monster, (which makes him a fish), or b) a weak attempt to steal the "dead money" (which makes him an even bigger fish).

Your raise of 44 from UTG on a FR table is interesting as well. I would never do this with a lot of loose passives behind me, I am never folding out enough to make it profitable.

Any aggressive behind me is going to make a decent reraise to steal the dead money as well, so it is an awkward spot to be in.

Against BTN being a weak fish, I might reraise over him to $25, but I would then be committed with basically just a low pair. If his range is mostly premium hands, I'm screwed.

It's hard not to call for the odds, given that I get 1:4 almost, however, the point regarding those to come behind me possibly raising it up speaks against this.

I would play c/f to the river postflop, given that I don't beat any pocket pair except 22, and a 5,8 or 9 get over me as well.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I like the raise preflop.The odds call is good too, considering that more of the players will come along(I dont expect anyone to take the flatcall/4bet line).As played, taking a stab on the turn is fine.