Using FTP to enter satellites?

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      Ok I have almost got enough FTP to consider entering some of the 'freeroll' satellites. My question is how much will this cost me realistically?

I understand that I get negative rakeback for money won in freerolls and also for points spent in the shop but how does it work for points spent in satellites?

- Will it cost me the same as the entry fee as if I had spent it in the shop?
      - Or does it depend on whether I win the tournament?

If it costs me to enter ($0.005 per point) then a 4k FTP tournament will cost me $20 in net rake which is equal to (27%) around $5 of rakeback?
      - If this is the case then it is hardly worth entering these tournaments and I might as well just play a $5 tournament that usually has a better payout.

If however I have to win money in the tournament and then that is subtracted from the net rake. Then the tournament itself is always profitable because when I win the winnings will cover the loss in rakeback.

Sorry if this is covered in the sticky at the top but I couldn't see an example of these tournaments.

Edit: I would also like to know how this works for the one a day and iron man freerolls? Are these just classed as 'normal' freerolls or will I lose any rakeback if I enter and fail to get in the money?
  • 10 replies
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      Hmm. I want to know the answers to these questions too. I registered for both the One-a-Day and the Iron Man freeroll coming up on the 14th. I figured I'd go ahead and play in both of them because the medals would be of no value to me.. unless I could convert them to cash.
    • drunkenJedi
      drunkenJedi
      Bronze
      When you buy into a satellite, the regular buy-in will be deducted from your rake, i.e. your rakeback will be lowered by 27% of the regular buy-in.

Not sure about the Iron Man freerolls, though.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      So if I enter a 500 ftp satellite to the $22 double deuce.
      Either:
      - I win. I lose 27% of $22 rakeback which is $5.94 but I gain $22 effectively?

- I lose. I don't lose any rakeback?

So in theory I could use my FTP to enter as many satellites as I like? Get the tournament dollars and turn them into cash which would make a decent profit.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I think FTP satelites and tourneys don't affect your rakeback more if you win it. But Ironman freeroll does.

btw , if you have plenty of FTPs buyin for 4400 ftps to the double deuce, it was a good deal for me after a week of grinding.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      I think FTP satelites and tourneys don't affect your rakeback more if you win it. But Ironman freeroll does.

btw , if you have plenty of FTPs buyin for 4400 ftps to the double deuce, it was a good deal for me after a week of grinding.
      4400ftp's and you go straight to the double deuce?... no saterllite or something stupid?
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      yes, direct ftp buyin. You can also buy in directly to the 750k guaranteed for 40kish points.
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      This was already discused in a different thread.

When you use FTPs to buy into a tourney the normal buyin will ve deducted from your gross rake.

When you play a guaranteed tournament when the total buyin paid by all the players is less that the price pool the amount Full Tilt had to add to the price pool is divided by the number of players and this number is deducted from your gross rake.

When you play a freeroll (including Iron Man) the proze pool is divided by the number of players and the number is deducted from your gross rake.
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      fok them ... im having like 100K of them and i dont know how to use it ... im happy with my rakeback so i will not use them either
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Originally posted by miskokvo
      fok them ... im having like 100K of them and i dont know how to use it ... im happy with my rakeback so i will not use them either
      +1, I am just letting them build up until I can get something good like a big screen :D
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PidKoker
      Originally posted by miskokvo
      +1, I am just letting them build up until I can get something good like a big screen :D
      EXACTLY!!!

Im gonna play till I clear my bonus and its time to put the whole BR on
      another site and then I will spend all the points and go.