This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

I won some money and want to withdraw, but can't decide between Neteller or Skrill.

• Metamorphis
      Metamorphis
      Bronze
      Edit: My original post was rather bitter because I was annoyed about some issues regarding HiPay and not being able to withdraw. Either way, I'm wondering how I can best withdraw my funds from Pokerstars as a Norwegian citizen.

After reading a little bit more up on the subject it looks like getting a Mastercard of some sort would help me out a bunch but I'm still rather confused about the whole ordeal. Where do I go from here? Can I give my bank a call about Skrill and Mastercard options, then withdraw funds to that card and withdraw the money from an ATM or simply transfer the money from that card to a different bank account?

I'm dumbfounded on this whole affair and afraid I'll mess up more of the money that I've won. I never thought it'd be this difficult to withdraw my funds. Damn Norwegian laws and regulations regarding online "gambling" sites. :p
  • 3 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      Hi Metamorphis,

I have always been a Skrill user so I don't have any experience with Neteller.

I have the Skrill Mastercard that costs 10€ per year. Then I just spend the money by using the Mastercard in grocery stores and shops and so on. If you use ATM there will be a fee but paying in stores (also online) is free.

Edit:
      You don't pay fees when you use the Mastercard IF the currencies are the same. If your Skrill wallet is in EUR and you buy something with other currency, you will pay some exchange fees.
    • Metamorphis
      Metamorphis
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with Skrill. It seems like this is the step I'm going to take as well. We don't deal with Euro in Norway but I've figured that I'm only going to use this for withdrawals anyways. The 7.5% rate (from what I've seen) is something I'll just have to deal with until the laws in Norway change up a bit. That said tho, when I do withdraw something it's because I've been lucky enough to win and can spend money I didn't think I'd have to begin with. As a recreational poker player that's good enough for me for the time being.

I won 107$ by winning a 0.55$ tournament. I'm a micro stakes player and will probably continue to be one for a while. I need the money for groceries this week so I'll withdraw 80$ of those and keep playing with the remaining 27$ when I got time and see if I can build myself back up. :)

Only thing that definitely sucks is the 20$ hit to my bankroll because of HiPay.
    • la55i
      la55i
      I hope you find a good way to withdraw cheaper. And good luck with poker :f_thumbsup: