This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Post flop hand strength advice

• Icecoldsushi
      Icecoldsushi
      Basic
      Hi. Lately I’ve been getting destroyed post flop. I hit two pair, villain hits straight. I hit straight, he hits flush. Yesterday I even got it all in with boat As over 10s and villain hit ROYAL FLUSH! That’s twice in 3 months someone had a Royal flush against me. Anyway. Do I go all in too easily? When do winning players go all in? Do I put too much in on flop against calling stations or is it a downswing to get outdrawn loads of times?
  • 2 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      Hi Icecoldsushi,

I don't have much experience with tournaments so I don't know how much I can help you. But I think it is quite difficult for anyone to give any decent advice without seeing some example hands. To analyze your actions we would need to know the stage of the tournament, stack depths, actions preflop and postflop and so on.
      For example if you have 2 pair OTT on a 4567 board and villain raises and you shove, it is a lot different than if you get it in with straight OTT and villain magically happens to hit a flush OTR.
      If you get the money in as a favorite and villain wins, then it is just bad luck. So does this happen more often, or do you stack off with a hand that is already losing?
    • Post removed