This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] 6max flop three of kind corrrect post flop

• ToddBrunson
      ToddBrunson
      Bronze
      My play was correct for postflop or i had mistake for some street?
      Lot of people suggest for me, i change full ring for 6max and since i have started 6max cash game almost every day and every session lose about 2-3 buy in in NL5. 6max more bad beats and more cooler for me, more river what hit me monster hand.
      Today i just lost 3.5 buy in, KK vs AA pre flop all in, three of kind vs higher three of kind.

Today stats for me: 2966 hands: net won -18.55, vPIP: 20.4 PFR: 14.3, 3bet: 3.24 wtsd: 31, wonsd 54 agg: 1.1 Is it without net won is good or avarge for this limit or too lag?

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

SB: $6.60 (132 bb)
      BB: $3.12 (62.4 bb)
      UTG: $5.79 (115.8 bb)
      Hero (MP): $7.56 (151.2 bb)
      CO: $5 (100 bb)
      BTN: $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with :6s: :6d:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.15, CO folds, BTN calls $0.15, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.37) :6c: :3h: :8h: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.23, BTN calls $0.23

Turn: ($0.83) :Tc: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, BTN raises to $1.90, Hero raises to $6.50, BTN calls $2.72 and is all-in

River: ($10.07) :Jc: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $10.07 pot ($0.42 rake)
      Final Board: :6c: :3h: :8h: :Tc: :Jc:
      Hero showed :6s: :6d: and lost (-$5 net)
      BTN showed :Ac: :9c: and won $9.65 ($4.65 net)
  • 2 replies
    • melting735
      melting735
      Bronze
      This hand is definitely well played. You shoved when you were having the best hand. I haven't done the calculation, but I believe it was a -ev call for villain. Sorry for your experience of being bad beat in a streak, but it happens when you play poker regularly. Take a note on villain who is sticky and capable of floating. You should adjust your strategy accordingly vs him.

BTW, welcome to 6-max. It's time to adjust your playing style a little bit, because ppl are less likely having good hands comparing to full-ring. In 6max, you do need to play more aggressively, as a lot of our income is from cbet and stealing. You wtsd and w$sd are good, it probably because you were playing tight. However, when you plays tight or nit, you will find more ppl trying to float, steal or bluff against you. My suggestions would be:

1. Open raise with more hands preflop, as 14.3 is a little bit passive comparing to your VPIP.
      2. Start to 3bet with TT+ (maybe 88+ sometimes), KQ+. If your preflop 3bet range is too tight, it would be very easy for your opponents to dodge your QQ+.
      3. Make stronger cbet. Try to read some strategies like when to cbet and double barrel.
    • ToddBrunson
      ToddBrunson
      Bronze
      Thanks for advices.

2. I 3bet sometimes TT++, always oop, if the open raise came to co or bu and if utg, mp raise did lag or worse player and bu if raise comes co.
      3. I watch almost every day videos, strategies but 6max less often folded cbet and double barrel. I don't think is good two barrels for nothing if my hands doesn't chance get better. And NL5 the most of players if they call one street, they usally call second barrell. 3 barrel for nothing is too expensive.

But i will try more 3bet and more aggressive plays post flop. And i will see, what is more profitable and more fun for me, full ring or 6max. So far i liked better full ring.