This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] KQs 3bet pot flop push call or fold?

• ToddBrunson
      ToddBrunson
      Bronze
      Maybe i had to easy folded? But lot of draws or smaller pair villain try to push. Any Kx and QQ-1010 and a draws. Villain only 130 hands and played 29/21, 3bet 4.7 and 4bet 33.3.

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

SB: $5 (100 bb)
      BB: $5.74 (114.8 bb)
      UTG: $2.22 (44.4 bb)
      Hero (MP): $5.71 (114.2 bb)
      CO: $5 (100 bb)
      BTN: $11.17 (223.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with :Ks: :Qs:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.15, CO raises to $0.46, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.31

Flop: ($0.99) :6s: :Kc: :8h: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.54 and is all-in, Hero calls $4.54

Turn: ($10.07) :Ah: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($10.07) :7h: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $10.07 pot ($0.42 rake)
      Final Board: :6s: :Kc: :8h: :Ah: :7h:
      Hero showed :Ks: :Qs: and lost (-$5 net)
      CO showed :Kd: :Ac: and won $9.65 ($4.65 net)
  • 4 replies
    • melting735
      melting735
      Bronze
      Villain's 3bet range (4.7 mean AQo+, TT+) is pretty tight. It is probably not a bad idea to fold KQ preflop.

As played, you hit TP with 2nd kicker. Thus, you have to call this donk shove which is very suspicious in general. At the end, it's time to take a note on villain that he is capable of doing this.
    • Shaluga
      Shaluga
      Bronze
      I'm not too fond of the preflop call here combined with the positional disadvantage unless you have some kind of a specific read here. As played pre as nitty as it sounds I fold the flop and keep an eye on the guy. I don't think you're sacrificing a hell of lot of +EV by folding to the shove until you get a better feel for the specific player dynamic
    • ToddBrunson
      ToddBrunson
      Bronze
      KQs 6max i thinked too tight to fold. And 3bet only 130 hands, maybe 2-3K hand he 3bet avarge range about 7.
    • GridironAssassin
      GridironAssassin
      Bronze
      Pre is a call IMO. You block AK, AQ, AA, KK. He might have pairs like TT and JJ in his range. Problem is, he can have more AK, AQ, KK QQ in his range, where you can not (at least I hope those are a slam dunk 4bet from you vs. him).

Plan on treading lightly on K, Q high flops, again because he has a range advantage. Folding to the huge overbet exploitatively. Calling range here is AK+. It’s an odd move on their part. You are folding a chop sometimes, but that will never make up for the times you are beat. Hard to imagine QQ JJ taking this line, honestly its hard to imagine any hand taking this line but donks will be donks. He is not looking at his AK and saying “what is my opponents calling range pre?” They are really saying “I have TOP/TOP, time to overbet shove”. This is how you see these guys on 3x and 4x stacks. They get called light by regs that don’t believe them.