This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL10] JTs ~ Turn call

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      PokerStars - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $7.39 (VPIP: 30.00, PFR: 10.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 40)
      SB: $12.14 (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
      BB: $20.41 (VPIP: 23.08, PFR: 15.38, 3Bet Preflop: 14.29, Hands: 26)
      UTG: $14.20 (VPIP: 26.09, PFR: 23.91, 3Bet Preflop: 17.65, Hands: 47)
      Hero (MP): $13.47
      CO: $10.05 (VPIP: 10.00, PFR: 10.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 10)

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has J:club: T:club:

UTG raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, fold, BTN calls $0.30, fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.25, 4 players) A:heart: 3:club: Q:club:
      BB checks, UTG bets $0.79, Hero calls $0.79, fold, fold

Turn: ($2.83, 2 players) 3:spade:
      UTG bets $1.70, fold

UTG wins $2.70

I get the feelin I should be callin these spots. I just hate the fact we can have reversed implieds, if he bombs the river on a club I'm still folding so.. please enlighten me to this spot.
  • 6 replies
    • melting735
      melting735
      Bronze
      You have 13 outs. By the rule of 4 and 2, you will hit your hand 26%. It was only $1.7 to call ott. It is a very good deal for you.

I get the feelin I should be callin these spots. I just hate the fact we can have reversed implieds, if he bombs the river on a club I'm still folding so.. please enlighten me to this spot.
      If I understand your words correctly, you were saying that you were still going to fold when you hit your flush otr. If that is the case, then you should probably quit poker.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Originally posted by melting735
      You have 13 outs. By the rule of 4 and 2, you will hit your hand 26%. It was only $1.7 to call ott. It is a very good deal for you.

If I understand your words correctly, you were saying that you were still going to fold when you hit your flush otr. If that is the case, then you should probably quit poker.
      Hahah. The rule doesn't take into account reverse implieds.
      If he bombs the river what hand do you put him on ? Bluffs only? Because our range is crushed
      I take it you've already crushed NL10 by the sounds of your comment!
    • melting735
      melting735
      Bronze

Hahah. The rule doesn't take into account reverse implieds.
      If he bombs the river what hand do you put him on ? Bluffs only? Because our range is crushed
      I take it you've already crushed NL10 by the sounds of your comment!
      Sorry, I didn't notice the board was paired. It means you have to remove Ac from your outs.

I would still call with implied outs. If a club hits otr, I will at least call his raise as there could be AK, AQ, AJ and worse flushes in his range. The likelihood that he's holding a full house is small, thus I don't worry that much.
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Bronze
      I believe you have 12 outs [9 clubs, and 3 Kings (already counted the Kc in the 9 clubs)]. Because the board is paired you can probably take out the Ac as well, so you have 11 outs. You have to call 1,73$ to win 4,53 $, so you need about 27% equity but you only have about 22% to hit your hand. So you have to fold, right?
    • melting735
      melting735
      Bronze
      You can't just calculate with the money in the pot. By counting the stack left behind, this can't be a -ev call. I just feel it's too weak to fold here even the board is paired. If the board was paired by A or Q, then it is an easy fold. However, when paired by 3, we can still get paid from a lot of hands if we hit otr.
    • GridironAssassin
      GridironAssassin
      Bronze
      I like your fold for several reasons:

1) He bet 2/3 pot on flop into 3 other opponents. And followed that up with a strong barrel on the turn after your call.

2) His barreling range has your improvement outs heavily blocked. AKs (blocks your straight and potentially crushes your flush outs), AKo (again, blocking your straight outs and blocking your flush outs with any club). I would rather him have AQ for two pair here (you are 75/25) vs AKs or AKo (you are 78/21).

3) He has the sets in his range (FH on turn) where you do not. That board pairing turn cards just sucks for a drawing hand such as yours. You can probably call turn on an 9c or 8c because you will have closer to 30% equity against AA, QQ, AQ+, or suited wheel aces (which I don’t think he is barreling so strongly).

4) Going back to #2, your reverse implied adds are quite high. It is quite reasonable for him to be opening AKcc, A9cc-A2cc or any suited ace for that matter. Even against all A6s combos, you are @ 4:1 dog.