[NL20-NL50] NL25 FR QJs commited? or can i get away?

• PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $43.48
      Hero:
      $25.56

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:club: , J:club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, SB calls $0.75, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.95) 5:club: , K:diamond: , A:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.35, SB calls $1.35.

Turn: ($4.65) T:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.25, SB raises to $4.50, Hero raises to $9.00, SB calls $4.50.

River: ($22.65) T:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $14.36, Hero calls $14.36 (All-In).

Final Pot: $51.37

32/8 over 150ish hands......

but still I made a bad call because I was getting bad pot odds and the only kind of hand a player would make that bet with would be the FH but this same situation happend 2 days ago(i turn the nuts he rivers a boat) as well and in my head I thought NOWAY is this happening again.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Nice hand, well played.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      This is pretty tough.
      AK is not likely because of pre-flop play. AT and KT are possible though. 55 and A5 as well. I can only see him calling flop and ch/r turn with one of these hands.
      He could shove river with A5 cause he has fold equity and he can often get a split pot. I think his range there is 55, AT, KT, QJ, A5. You have 40% equity against it. Your pot equity is only 28% though. So you can make a profitable call here in my opinion

I'd have changed bet sizes a bit though.

$3.2 on the turn. And when he reraises, I 3bet to at least 2.5x his reraise instead of minRR.

Cheers
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      This is pretty tough.
      AK is not likely because of pre-flop play. AT and KT are possible though. 55 and A5 as well. I can only see him calling flop and ch/r turn with one of these hands.
      He could shove river with A5 cause he has fold equity and he can often get a split pot. I think his range there is 55, AT, KT, QJ, A5. You have 40% equity against it. Your pot equity is only 28% though. So you can make a profitable call here in my opinion

I'd have changed bet sizes a bit though.

$3.2 on the turn. And when he reraises, I 3bet to at least 2.5x his reraise instead of minRR.

Cheers
      +1
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      bet 3.5 on turn or even more .
      raise more when you get check / raised or just call
      if he has a monster doesnt matter the size of our raise . we get it in any way
      but if he has a bluff you can give him the chance to bluff again
      anyway i dont like too much calling here because you might lose value over the long run cuz at this limit people c/r turn rarely with bluff so i would make it 11 and call any river shove on any card
      gl