Table selection with no tools on FT

• PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      I play on FT and for my table selection i look for tables that have 8/9 so that I can sit right away but also I look for tables with Player To The Flop 30% or higher but those are hard to find. I never sit at tables with less than 20% normally I have to settle for tables between 23% - 27%. Any other useful stats before I actually sit at a table. After I sit I try to spot the maniacs and calling stations and avoid TAGs.. if my table is full of TAGs I will just leave and find another.

BTW.. FT is 9max FR tables so 33% is 3/9
  • 3 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      I was using that technique on stars when i was SSS'in. I wouldnt play a table below 25% PPF. Just think, on a 10 handed table it means that 2.5 players see the flop. 9 handed it would work out to close enough to 3 Players (well for me anyway.)
      So i suppose this rule is also good for BSS.
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Firstly I look for the table with as few shortstackers as possible and after that I look at the average pot.
      Average vpip is important, but if the table is tight I just play more loose myself, steal more etc.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      A very high "hands/hour" figure normally means a table that is filling(ed) up. Better players tend to table select with the help of some sort of software whereas donks like to go for any table with available seats. Tables which are in the process of filling are therefore more likely to be joined by weaker players since it is easy to find a seat at these tables. By joining these tables you also give yourself first-shot at the "uber-donk" who is likely to spew to busto at just about any table within a very few hands.

The above is less valid when the site traffic is decreasing but of course becomes more relevant when the site traffic is increasing.