This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] KK multiway oop

• Tonyx86
      Tonyx86
      Silver
      Hey guys,

trying to improve my skills, i´ve recognized that i´m always getting into trouble with premium hand if we´re multiway. Here is an example where it happened to me:

888 Poker - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP+2: 105 BB
      CO: 106.4 BB
      BTN: 170.8 BB
      Hero (SB): 100 BB
      BB: 100 BB
      UTG: 101.4 BB
      UTG+1: 212.2 BB
      MP: 105.8 BB
      MP+1: 61.4 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K:diamond: K:heart:

fold, UTG+1 calls 1 BB, MP calls 1 BB, MP+1 calls 1 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 6 BB, fold, UTG+1 calls 5 BB, fold, MP+1 calls 5 BB

Flop: (20 BB, 3 players) J:diamond: J:spade: Q:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets 20 BB, fold, Hero calls 20 BB

Turn: (60 BB, 2 players) 8:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets 30 BB, Hero ???

Even OTF i was scared to get reraised by one of those guys, so i decided to x/c. Do i have to muck my KK after his potsize bet or b/f it OTF?

I´m pretty insecure in those situations and try to shove instead of 4betting with premiums including QQ. I'm loosing a lot of value doing this, i know. :f_confused:

What are ur thought on this hand and maybe u have some advices for that kind of situations for me.
  • 4 replies
    • MLima1984
      MLima1984
      Bronze
      I would cbtet and see the villains reaction, you are the aggressor and have a overpair.
      Anyway, i see no reason for the villain to raise so heavily, if he had such a great hand. I think he tried to take the pot since the original raiser checked.

What do u guys think, does it makes sense?
    • GridironAssassin
      GridironAssassin
      Bronze
      Multiway makes this a lot more complicated, but I think you should start out by cbetting something between 8bb to 12bb. Heads up I am tempted to check AA much more often than KK on this board since you don’t have to protect against any overcards. There is certinaly value to be had from AQ, KQ, K10, A10s, 109s so I lean towards a cbet vs. check.

Turn I am probably betting any card 8 or less, any J or any K (some of the time checking a K) for 1/2 pot (18bb or so if I cbet 8bb on the flop).

As played, his pot sized bet into the PF aggressor is odd, but passive recreational players (an assumption I am making based off of his preflop limp) are much more likely to be betting for value here (AQ, KQ, Jx) than they are to be betting a gutter or OESD on this rainbow paired board. So I would call flop and likely exploitatively fold turn. With his turn bet and your potential call, the pot is going to be @ 120bb and you will have over 1/2 of your stack invested.
    • melting735
      melting735
      Bronze
      I don't hate checking otf occasionally. But when you chose to check call on this flop. It means you turned your hand into a bluff catcher. However, when UTG+1 bet when there was another player to act behind, it's unlikely he was bluffing with nothing. But there were definitely some worse hands that KK beat in his range, like Qx or straight draws.

As played, fold is not an option ott. Two options IMO,
      1. Re-raise to get it in OTT. I prefer this one since the board was so drawy.
      2. Keep calling and keep the bluffs and worse hands in his range. But you need to have a plan for this option because you will face a tough river very often.
    • Tonyx86
      Tonyx86
      Silver
      Nice opinions guys, thanks. I did reflect the hand very often and now i find my play not that bad. Villains bet sizing OTF is strange and is rarely a Jack. Very often there are many Q betting straight forward.

Actually he had AQ and he called my turn shove.