SST With an small pair and overcards in the flop...

• Fedeyngwie
      Fedeyngwie
      Bronze
      This is my first thread, i just want to give poker a second chance and play
      tight and clean.
      Pokerstrategy gave me a new perspective but there's something i didnt learn yet.

Example:

I have 7 :spade: 7 :heart: in late position and i raise, because nobody raised.

One caller in middle position and the board is:

A :heart: 9 :diamond: J :spade:

Rainbow board, but i just been checked to, now what to do?
      I have a pair but its weak...
      How do i play from this?
      Continuation bet or go allin in case he bets first?

What if i have the same hand and the boards hits?:

K :spade: J :spade: 8 :spade:

Thanks a lot!
  • 2 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey Fedeyngwie,

From the basic amount of information given i think you are on about the Short Stack Strategy but please correct me if i am wrong.

As you were the pre-flop raiser then against one player you can make a standard cbet of 2/3 of the pot. If he calls or raises then you give up the hand.

As for the flush draw it comes down to odds and outs compared to the pot odds as to whether or not you call.

In future you will get more responses from the Hand Posting threads.

Regards,
      -Steve
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      Hey Fedeyngwie,

From the basic amount of information given i think you are on about the Short Stack Strategy but please correct me if i am wrong.

As you were the pre-flop raiser then against one player you can make a standard cbet of 2/3 of the pot. If he calls or raises then you give up the hand.

As for the flush draw it comes down to odds and outs compared to the pot odds as to whether or not you call.

In future you will get more responses from the Hand Posting threads.

Regards,
      -Steve
      +1 you'll get alot more answers (and be posting in the correct location :D ) in the NL strategy board, or the SSS hand posting sections.