This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2] 6max KJo vs Mini 3bet

• Arnalsan
      Arnalsan
      Silver
      Hey,

In general, I would like your help to understand if I did bad moves or better lines to play at all.

MP player reads: opens wide and call to much cbets.
      CO player: no Reading, because, I'd played only 4 hands with him, but due to the awkward mini 3bet (I even don't Know if can name as it) I supposed he is a bad player too.

Preflop: I understood as a good call mainly because, position, blockers, decent hand equity and pot odds.

Flop: I decided just to call a CO's pot bet believing that part of his range would be J with weaker kickers. In the other side, I'd low odds to improve my hand as I excluded hearts outs as he would play some combo draws.

Turn: As he missed to cbet ott due to A I decided to lead and "buy" A as it is in my cold call range, included because now a straight is a real treat. Surprisingly both call and reinforces MP could have a second best hand against a A pair.

River: why not cbet here? I supposed they could play some A with weaker kicker passively and I decided to not put more Money into the pot.

PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
      Replay this hand on Upswing Poker

UTG: $2.14 (107 bb)
      MP: $1.94 (97 bb)
      CO: $2.12 (106 bb)
      BU (Hero): $2.00 (100 bb)
      SB: $2.14 (107 bb)
      BB: $2.05 (103 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with K J
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.04, CO 3-bets to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, 2 players fold, MP calls $0.02

Flop: ($0.21) 5 J 4 (3 players)
      MP checks, CO bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, MP calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.81) A (3 players)
      MP checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.26, MP calls $0.26, CO calls $0.26

River: ($1.59) 2 (3 players)
      MP checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $1.59 (Rake: $0.06)

Showdown:
      BU (Hero) shows K J (a pair of Jacks - higher kicker)
      (Equity - Pre-Flop: 42%, Flop: 48%, Turn: 67%, River: 100%)

MP shows 7 6 (high card, Ace)
      (Equity - Pre-Flop: 35%, Flop: 36%, Turn: 19%, River: 0%)

CO shows J Q (a pair of Jacks)
      (Equity - Pre-Flop: 23%, Flop: 16%, Turn: 14%, River: 0%)

BU (Hero) wins $1.53
  • 3 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      It’ a weird 3bet sizing of the CO, but if you call you are wide open for a 4bet. Off course the original raiser is loose. So maybe he doesn’t 4bet much. Otherwise I would fold for sure.

Turn bet seems a little bit loose. I don’t think you get an ace to fold and it will be tough to get value as well except draws maybe. I would most likely check/behind and try to get a cheap showdown multi way. The river seems standard. I don’t think you get value anymore.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Arnalsan
      Arnalsan
      Silver
      SDK1987,

Thanks for commenting!
      The usual thought in my mind when playing a TP and a higher card is dealt on the turn is "why I suppose my opponent has it?".
      How to proceed?
      In this specific spot, I agree with you that was a little bit lose, mainly, because the flop board will keep playing :Ah: as back draw flush and straight and hands such AQ, AJ, etc.
      cheers
      Arnalsan
    • MrQNo
      MrQNo
      Gold
      After CO‘s strange 3bet, you are facing a pot with 6,5 BB and have to call 3 BB. Good odds. Of course MP could 4bet, but you describe him as a little passive, so i would take the risk.

OTF, you call a potsize bet with TPGK on a wet board against 2 opponents. Your hand is too wek for raising and too strong for folding. Call.

OTT, the A might be a problem. CO has no A, he would continue to bet. MP might hold an A. If not, your J is still good. If you bet, you will get no better hands fold. So the bet must be for value, and weaker hands have to call. All flush draws will call, an OESD. That should be more hands than the Ax, so your bet is formvalue, especially such a small bet.

OTR, there are no weaker hands left that might call. Check behind.