This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] AQo in CO vs BTN

• juhiimi
      juhiimi
      Silver
      Hi guys!

So preflop and flop is pretty standard the question is the turn. I bet because there are still some hands that he can fold, that J lowers the chance that he holds Jx, there are some Tx hand on his range and OESD that he could fold, bc he is pretty tight. Also the bet is good for getting information.
      What do you think? Should i check fold this on the turn?

Thank you!

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $5 (100 bb)
      BB: $2.43 (48.6 bb)
      UTG: $5 (100 bb)
      MP: $5.51 (110.2 bb)
      Hero (CO): $5.46 (109.2 bb)
      BTN: $6.63 (132.6 bb) 25/16 AF:1,3, WTSD:8, Hands: 96

Preflop: Hero is CO with :Ah: :Qs:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, BTN calls $0.12, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.31) :Js: :3d: :Td: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.23, BTN calls $0.23

Turn: ($0.77) :Jd: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.56, BTN calls $0.56

River: ($1.89) :4s: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.81, Hero folds

Results:
      $1.89 pot ($0.08 rake)
      Final Board: :Js: :3d: :Td: :Jd: :4s:
      Hero mucked :Ah: :Qs: and lost (-$0.91 net)
      BTN mucked and won $1.81 ($0.90 net)
  • 9 replies
    • mistralx
      mistralx
      Bronze
      Villain hits this board pretty well (AJ, KQ, KJ, QJ, JT, T9, 98, many FD). I think you equity is too poor to c-bet here. If you had :Ad: , you should c-bet but I don't mind if you give up OTF, eventually x/c once.
    • MatoStar
      MatoStar
      Bronze
      Cbet flop isn't a mistake, because we have FE from pocket pairs. I would mix it with some check/raises, both options are fine imo.
      As played, don't barrel OTT, you made a profitable move OTF, now you can give up.
    • Arnalsan
      Arnalsan
      Bronze
      I'm a nl2 player.

I wouldn't cbet this flop. You didn't have a decent pot equity and probably the FE is to low.
      I consider an average range of BU's player cold call as: TT-22,AQs-A9s,A5s,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,AQo-ATo,KTo+,QTo+,JTo and even if he didn't hit any value hand or had one, he has much more outs.
      OTT - check behind

Cheers,

Arnalsan
    • MatoStar
      MatoStar
      Bronze
      He should not have any offsuit connectors, because of their bad playability postflop. For example AJo and AQo I would 3bet preflop, sometimes KQo. ATo and KJo,KTo... I would fold preflop.
      Actually without info it is a close cbet, but we still have some outs to improve and our cbet is also for protection. And about the FE, he is going to fold small pocket pairs, Ax hands, weak suited connectors. But as I mentioned I wouldn't cbet 100% of the time, but for example 50/50 cbet/ check/raise.
    • Mozzek
      Mozzek
      Bronze
      Hey, Id say cbet flop is ok, we have gs and two overs. But ure right this better is better for btn (callin ajo, kqo in his shoes might be standard for him). T is a give up, we were not happy otf about the situation and now its gotten even worse id justgive up.
    • Arnalsan
      Arnalsan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatoStar
      our cbet is also for protection. And about the FE, he is going to fold small pocket pairs, Ax hands, weak suited connectors. But as I mentioned I wouldn't cbet 100% of the time, but for example 50/50 cbet/ check/raise.
      I don't see any protection related.
    • MatoStar
      MatoStar
      Bronze
      For protection against hands like 98s,87s,97s, all FD, SD, gutters etc.
    • Arnalsan
      Arnalsan
      Bronze
      But if he has this range the FE is quite zero and c betting is not advisable!

Hey, I rise these affirmations or question to improve and go beyond my level of thinking....

Cheers,
    • MatoStar
      MatoStar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Arnalsan
      But if he has this range the FE is quite zero and c betting is not advisable!

Hey, I rise these affirmations or question to improve and go beyond my level of thinking....

Cheers,
      Well, you don't want get him a free card as you can see he has a lot of draws, but you have also a FE from really weak gutters, A-high, small pockets. So it's like for protection value bluff bet and you have also few outs.