BSS - how to play AK vs short/mid-stacks

• PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      I started playing BSS instead of SNG/MTT at the middle of the last month. After around 10k hands and alot of reviewing hands I've lost hands (using elephant), I've found a leak(at least I think so). I lose AKs/o alot against short/middle-stacks.

Here is two exaples from todays session.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $4,76
      Hero:
      $10,00

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , K:club:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0,20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,60, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $4,76 (All-In), Hero calls $4,16.

Flop: ($9,67) J:diamond: , 5:spade: , 8:club:
      Turn: ($9,67) 2:diamond:
      River: ($9,67) 9:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $9,67

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ace with king kicker (As Kc)
      MP2 shows a pair of kings (Kh Kd)

MP2 wins with a pair of kings (Kh Kd)

Okey, according to the BSS SHC I'm suppose to reraise with AK. If a 100bb player reraised AI it's obviously an easy fold, but what about this 47bb fishy player? I called him here simply because of his stats + alot of questionable aggresive play with weak hands. Should I have folded to the 4-bet?

Another hand vs SSS-player.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $6,10
      MP3:
      $2,25
      Hero:
      $10,09

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , A:club:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,10, MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,50, Hero raises to $2,00, 4 folds, MP3 raises to $2,25 (All-In), Hero calls $0,25.

Flop: ($4,75) 9:heart: , 2:heart: , 5:club:
      Turn: ($4,75) Q:heart:
      River: ($4,75) 3:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $4,75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ace with king kicker (Kd Ac)
      MP3 shows a pair of sevens (7s 7d)

MP3 wins with a pair of sevens (7s 7d)

If villian is using the SSS-shc from pokerstrategy his range would be 99+, AQ+. According to the Equilator I have around 48,6% equity against this range, but I've seen many SSS-players with alot wider range, so I normaly reraise them all-in. The results use to variate here, but I ended up losing here vs 77s.

So my basic question: Should I call shoves from SSS/middlestacks (with fishy stats) with AK, or is this just asking for higher variance?
  • 7 replies
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Versus SSS i always go all in with AK versus mid stack depends what i know on him.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Short stack push it.
      Mid stack push it.

Don't re-raise again or just call. Just go all in right away when he re-raised you pre-flop.
      You have tons of fold equity.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      vs midstack stats I call, even with small sample, because you 3bet already.

vs shortie I fold unless I raised before his shove. If he is not playing SSS I call his shove always.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Most of the time you'll be up against a pocket pair..........and therefore a coin flip.

Personally I don't like to put half my stack on a coin flip against mid-stack.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Against shorties its ok because even though you could be slightly behind in a coinflip, for 20bb there is usually enough dead money in the pot to compensate for the face you will lose like 4% of the time more. This is what the SSS is based on when u push with AK. I hope u understand that because im confused myself now sorta :D
      Against mid stakes it would be close. Generally Mid Stack players are bad so it would be ok but if you have stats running it would be better to go with them more often then not.
      I hope this helps.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      It is an easy call if he is an aggressive fish as you say. You probably even have an edge against his range. I wouldn't be surprised if KJ, A9 or 22 was part of his range for doing this.
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      You have to really adjust to a SSSers range.. some are just complete fish where they will shove with a range like AJ+, 77+ while others will player a tighter game this is where stats and notes come in handy on players. PS teaches SSSers to shove TT+ against a raise I think and if you do the Equilations against a range like that {TT+ vs AKs} its a 60/40 flip and with AKo you only have about 36% equity. That is like as tight as a good player should get I THINK....Hope this makes sense?