This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Multi-tabling advice

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Silver
      Sup guys.
      Just wondering how many tables people feel comfortable playing.
      I've somehow kid myself into thinking I'm a multitable pro, but failed to show much of a profit over 100K hands at NL10 Zoom. (4 tabling)

I'm reconsidering grinding out another 50K hands, but playing just 2 tables of zoom maximum each session.

So my question is, have you ever cut down on tables realizing you're not yet crushing the limit? Or do you think more volume is more opportunity to tangle with the fish?
      Leme know 😘
  • 16 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi DecMate,
      I've cut back tables quite a bit.
      First off, the game changed a while back when the USian players were no longer permitted.
      I could once profitably play 8 tables (Double-or-nothings) at Party Poker.
      No more. 4 NLHE (not zoom) is pretty much my limit today.

This might be also partly due to my advancing age, but I hope not :coolface:

Yesterday, I tried 4 tables playing PokerStrategy Home Game Club games. 2 NLHE and 2 8-Game -- and was streaming as well.
      The added effort of managing the stream meant that even 4 tables was quite difficult.

Playing other game, I rarely play more than 3 5-card draw tables or 2-7 triple draw tables. and never the two at once !

All the best,
      VS
    • pokerboy198229
      pokerboy198229
      Bronze
      Im playing max 3 tables zoom. I noticed that if i play more it doenst mean i make a lot of huge mistakes. Most of the time i just dont get enough value by overbetting or underbetting
      In order to do that correctly i need to focus better.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Silver
      Haha well I was just talking about standard NL holdem, I can only imagine the joy of trying to muti-table mixed games!
      I've cut back to just 2 tables of zoom as of yesterday, actually found I enjoy playing again! Think I might make a challenge thread so stay tuned haha ;)
      As to the double or nothing's, do they still exist?! Swear I've heard nothing about people playing those nowa' days
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      If playing zoom I normally only have 2 tables going. Full ring I start of with 3 and if I am awake and on my A game gradually increase to 8 tables. There is a interesting article on multi tabling I will post for you when I get back later.
    • fivefoursuited54
      fivefoursuited54
      Basic
      I have to play 4 tables or more simultanously in order not to die from boredom.
      Yet, I can't play more than 8 tables and remain profitable :)
    • anduke
      anduke
      Bronze
      With all the rakeback reductions and average skill levels rising, I would say that there's even more reason to focus on quality rather than quantity.
    • k0kki3
      k0kki3
      Bronze
      I have always hated break-even after rakeback masstablers.
    • Tichwich85
      Tichwich85
      Silver
      Almost always playing stacked, and can go up to 14 tables.
      But depends on the game too: PLO 2 tables, zoom 2 tables, spins 4 tables, and sng's up to 14.
    • TarmoK
      TarmoK
      Bronze
      Two tables is the regular, more you gonna lose some focus, atleast for me.
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      Just stack the tabels after a little bit practice you can play up to 24 tabels without problems. But its helpful to use a software that sit you automatically in again just for the case that you timeout on a table.
    • Bernasconi
      Bernasconi
      Bronze
      I play 6 tables NLHE full-ring right now. I tried to reduce tables but it did not improve my game so I stick with 6 tables. Sometimes if a table is bad and I do not want to sit at any random table (table selection) I play 4 or 5 tables until I find a "good enough" fifth or sixth table. Maybe full-ring differes a lot from 6-max especially compared to Zoom. That is the reason why I feel pretty good while playing 6 table simultaneously. Most of the time I have 1-2 "active" hands.
    • zetozinho
      zetozinho
      Bronze
      I've started to play some zoom 6max sessions (25k hands so far) with 2 tables. When I go up to 4 tables (the maximum allowed at PS), I feel like I'm losing the "reins" of it. In fact, in the sessions I've played 4 tables I lose more than I win.
      I'm sticking to 2 tables for now. The pace is good and I can make the best decisions (I like to play with the tables aside so I can see the action on both).
      One thing I've been noticing is that you can go from a -3 buy-in loss to a +3 buy-in gain on zoom in no time... and that stills messes up with my mind.
    • reggie123
      reggie123
      Silver
      I play 4 spin and gos, if i play less then i got to much time to develope boredrom-facebook, youtube etc. If i play 45man sng-s then 12-16.
    • DSharkP
      DSharkP
      Silver
      I would say it depends on the games you are playing, for SNGs or Mtts even, if you have a good bankroll playing more tables might decrease your roi but increase your $/hr, as for cash games I d say the same, but in Zoom it's a bit tougher I d prefer to keep a BB/100 on a higher note by decreasing tables if needed
    • Primrose6789
      Primrose6789
      Silver
      I use to play 8-12 tables NL Holdem MTTs, but some of those tables are really low limits like 1.10 $ MTTs, so if I loose focus or get tired, I can´t spoil much because at some low limit tables it´s enough to wait patently for a value hand and then value bet (and hope you don´t get sucked out on).
      Got the "important tables" (3.30 $-5.50 $) on the top and the little stuff (1.10 $ or sometimes less) on the bottom, so I can focus on the important ones and play LAG while on the lower tables I just wait for a good hand and value.
    • OrigamiPoker
      OrigamiPoker
      Silver
      Always been happy playing 2-4 tables and I play almost exclusively regular tables "tons more fish" :f_biggrin: . Very rarely do I play zoom or speed tables they are to reg infested but on the rare occasions I do ive only played two 2 tables which feels very comfortable to play.And to be honest with bonuses being how they are these days your focus can be more on win rate over multitabling for high volume and rakeback.Most sites have very poor rakeback deals now any way and most bonuses you gain are through missions or tickets that are easy to claim without multi tabling.So unless you are playing a site with a good rakeback deal I would suggest focusing on winrate over volume.