[NL2-NL10] SSS - New Articles - Playing A,K

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Somewhat late off the block, I just got round to reading the revamped basic SSS articles.

They seem a lot clearer to me and an easier strategy to follow, so well done PS!

One thing that is not clear from the articles:

The main article ( http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1374/ ) says that you are pushing pre-flop A,K against one raise in front of you - this is under the heading: "Situation 2: Someone raises before or after you."

However, the pdf handout (footer: 26022009-PS-NL-E-SSS-CHART-EN-V03) that is linked to from the article does not include A,K as a hand you go all in with.

Well, they can't both be right. So: judges ruling and an amendment, please :O

Personally, I like the handout version better - even though this is not what I have been playing - since I think it is less of a crap-shoot and likely to result in less variance (which can be v difficult to accept for beginning SSS players)

Happy sunday all,
      Tim
  • 9 replies
    • Aimboy
      Aimboy
      Bronze
      AK is definately very strong hand so I think there was a mistake in pdf handout.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Tim,

That was a typo and I forward it to our Educational Department.

When there is 1 raise in front of you: Go all-in with AK,JJ+!

However Tim, for raises behind you I recommend sticking to Raise :: Stack ratio since sometimes it doesnt make sense to fold 99 with a ratio of 2.4 for example..

- Gerv
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hey Gerv,

Thanks for that. I guess the changes were made to simplify the strategy a bit, even though the old original raise: remaining stack ratio system gives a more +EV?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      definitly yes :) !
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      sorry to jump in on this thread but what about TT being added to the Go Broke with pre-flop? Could we play with the old raise: stack ratio sizes but add TT to everything? Or just stay the same?

Just wanna know because someone advised me to start SSS'in again :D
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I just stick to the original stack:raise ratio, I think you shove TT plentiful of times with using that chart

- Gerv
    • badpinguin
      badpinguin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hi Tim,

That was a typo and I forward it to our Educational Department.

When there is 1 raise in front of you: Go all-in with AK,JJ+!

However Tim, for raises behind you I recommend sticking to Raise :: Stack ratio since sometimes it doesnt make sense to fold 99 with a ratio of 2.4 for example..

- Gerv
      Can someone back this up with some numbers? I seem to loose a lot of my AK shoves due to the other person having a pp.. Maybe because I only remember my losses? :p
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      What do you want to know with numbers?

AK vs PP = 45/55
      AKs vs PP = 49/51

But in terms with FoldEquity+ you already invested money in the pot, you are playing +EV with AK ;)
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by badpinguin

Can someone back this up with some numbers? I seem to loose a lot of my AK shoves due to the other person having a pp.. Maybe because I only remember my losses? :p
      It's also worth noting that AK is in general just a part of your shoving range.

Eg. 99+,AK Vs 77 makes your range a 70% favourite versus this particular holding. So when you get called by a smallish PP you make G-$'s even if you sometimes get the money in bad from time to time with your AK.

(Hint:Googling G bucks might be helpful)