SSS Vs BSS. Should I move to BSS

• themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Hi Just a quick question should I move BSS as the last couple of day I've not been able to find a profitable table on NL10 tables on Titan Poker, All the tables have 7 or more short stacks and very few big stacks?

A bit of back ground: got my BR on 27/2/09 had a downswing to start with BR drop to $42 with SSS persevered with it and got up to the $89. I thing my current downswing in due to the above

Can any 1 advise me on the best way forwards as BR is only $80 it was a bit more at the beginning of weekend ($89), too small to move up a level.
  • 18 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Go beat NL10 when u have minimum BR of $200. Otherwise it's just gambling, but pokerstrategy is poker education school.

With this BR you could play like below NL5 (I don't know if there is such tables at Titan poker because Estonians are banned there because the software was made by Estonian company) if you are into cash games.

If you want to play a bit more varied poker then you could also play $1 SNGs (again I don't know if there are those in Titan).

Best of luck!
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Hi thanks but the problem is the SSS is very profitable on NL5 & NL10 but as I said at the moment their are no profitable tables on Titan at those levels playing SSS what can I do other than as you say try $1 SNG but its my cash game I'm trying to get up to a profitable level.

Thanks for your help
    • Alafoe
      Alafoe
      Bronze
      You mean that seriously? If so I should fear about my money here if the security rely on not alowing sw creators to play... There should be from software enginer point of view other aproaches to ensure security

Originally posted by timukasr

With this BR you could play like below NL5 (I don't know if there is such tables at Titan poker because Estonians are banned there because the software was made by Estonian company) if you are into cash games.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      If all the tables are full of SSS then BSS won't be any better. You will effectively still be playing SSS because they are.

Two options:
      - Play at different times of day, evenings and weekends are much more fishy in general and will generally have more bad big stacks floating around.

- Cash out and reinvest in a different website. I have always found full tilt to have more big stacks than Ipoker. I believe pokerstars is supposed to be good too but I don't play there as much because my account is not tracked.

Edit: I love full tilt on Sundays. Example: I have QQ. It is 3 bet by the time it gets to me. I push. They call. (2 Callers). They have 45o and A8o! Mental.
    • brundoo
      brundoo
      Bronze
      same with mansion poker micros.There are 6+ SS on every table.But can't play something else with starting 50$+100$.I changed SHC drasticlly.playing somethin like 12/10 and working fine for me .
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by themagpiespg
      Hi Just a quick question should I move BSS as the last couple of day I've not been able to find a profitable table on NL10 tables on Titan Poker, All the tables have 7 or more short stacks and very few big stacks?

A bit of back ground: got my BR on 27/2/09 had a downswing to start with BR drop to $42 with SSS persevered with it and got up to the $89. I thing my current downswing in due to the above

Can any 1 advise me on the best way forwards as BR is only $80 it was a bit more at the beginning of weekend ($89), too small to move up a level.
      Play NL4 or less if you cant find a NL10 table. on NL2/4 its very rare to see a SSS player imo and you will double up a lot. Remember that SS doesnt necessarily equal SSS.
      If I can play BSS no problem on Mansion/Titan how come you cant play SSS?I dont get it. Sounds more like leaks than table selection. GL!
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      move to stars, despite the poor rakeback, the great software (i like the user interface much more than titan) and high player volume (many loose players = profitable) makes up for it
    • mikelstwe
      mikelstwe
      Bronze
      you can't really play BSS since you don't the BR for it. If you must play at titan then learn FL as at the micros it's very soft and you'll easily progress onto the higher limits. Later on when your BR is higher you go onto BSS or take your BR to pokerstars.
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      I understand what you are saying, with the new Mansion promotion there are a ton of PS memebrs now on iPoker playing SSS with their $50. I tried to go with it with the second capital but couldn't find any tables at NL10 with less than 4 SSS so I switched to FL.
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      I can't cash out my bank roll yet as I've only been playing on Titan with the free bank roll for just over a week but thanks for suggesting it.
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Thanks I'll try fl
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Get the hell out of iPoker ASAP its absolutely horrible place for learning poker. You can cash out anything above $50 I believe so don't hesitate to do that (and you will have the $50 on ipoker for fun SnG's or just a reserve if you go busto)

NL10= Almost only shortstackers.
      And when you got a bigstack then he is a nit usually.

NL2= Incredible nitty PF, VP15 Minus on average. Its VERY frustrating to play

NL4 =Only playable limit with 3-4 normal stack people at the table usually. Still very nitty.

Micro stakes on iPoker are only about playing with ridiculous nits and many many multitablers and waiting for the 1-2 fishes that come and are immediately stripped of their money by the nits.
      Usually what the saying is LAG > TAG, with taking many blind steals etc. but you won't be able to play LAG at this level.

Also, i wouldn't ever go to Stars for SSS NL10, although the tables are loose Stars hate shortstackers so I'd go for PartyPoker.

However, if you are not a sissy than I'd move to big stack NL2, first buy in for $2 and gradually increase it dollar by dollar ( I Strongly reccomend BR around 30Byu-ins when you will have them at this stage as tilts will come if you open up your range according to the Pokerstrategy chart).
      And Stars are perfect for this, as there is no problem finding 6 tables with 50%+ players per flop!

And if you can't cash out anything than I am afraid the SnG's are really the best idea if you can play them profitably and iPoker is actually really great for those (Unless you are so good to play short handed, 6MAX tables are ok on iPoker) . I wouldn't get into limit if you prefer to be a NL player as you will get some bad habits from it.
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LemOn36
      Get the hell out of iPoker ASAP its absolutely horrible place for learning poker. You can cash out anything above $50 I believe so don't hesitate to do that (and you will have the $50 on ipoker for fun SnG's or just a reserve if you go busto)

NL10= Almost only shortstackers.
      And when you got a bigstack then he is a nit usually.

NL2= Incredible nitty PF, VP15 Minus on average. Its VERY frustrating to play

NL4 =Only playable limit with 3-4 normal stack people at the table usually. Still very nitty.

Micro stakes on iPoker are only about playing with ridiculous nits and many many multitablers and waiting for the 1-2 fishes that come and are immediately stripped of their money by the nits.
      Usually what the saying is LAG > TAG, with taking many blind steals etc. but you won't be able to play LAG at this level.

Also, i wouldn't ever go to Stars for SSS NL10, although the tables are loose Stars hate shortstackers so I'd go for PartyPoker.

However, if you are not a sissy than I'd move to big stack NL2, first buy in for $2 and gradually increase it dollar by dollar ( I Strongly reccomend BR around 30Byu-ins when you will have them at this stage as tilts will come if you open up your range according to the Pokerstrategy chart).
      And Stars are perfect for this, as there is no problem finding 6 tables with 50%+ players per flop!

And if you can't cash out anything than I am afraid the SnG's are really the best idea if you can play them profitably and iPoker is actually really great for those (Unless you are so good to play short handed, 6MAX tables are ok on iPoker) . I wouldn't get into limit if you prefer to be a NL player as you will get some bad habits from it.

Hi I would have chosen Party Poker to start with but I already have an account their so couldn't get the free bank roll there, that's I opened an account on titan. But good idea for when I can cash out.

Cheers :D :D
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hi, just saw this thread. iPoker is very tight because of SSS'ers and just the players in general. I got the second bankroll there and found it impossibe to win on NL.
      But then i had a brainwave. I read the basic FL basic articles and played FR. FL10 is very, very fishy. I had read the articles for like 10 mins and came out a winning player. But remember that a lot of the concepts are different in FL so make sure to read the articles ;)

Good Luck
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      Hi, just saw this thread. iPoker is very tight because of SSS'ers and just the players in general. I got the second bankroll there and found it impossibe to win on NL.
      But then i had a brainwave. I read the basic FL basic articles and played FR. FL10 is very, very fishy. I had read the articles for like 10 mins and came out a winning player. But remember that a lot of the concepts are different in FL so make sure to read the articles ;)

Good Luck
      Hi thanks I've tried fl but not over keen on it as it too slow. I've dropped down to nl2 & nl4 there's a lot of fish here so now doing fine.
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Hi guys thanks for all your suggestions the 1 I've gone for is moving down to nl0.02 and nl0.04 and started using BSS on these limits and it working very well so far
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008

Good Luck
      I recently went from 20€ which I had left on my Mansion Poker 2nd Starting Capital bankroll to €161 playing the Fixed Limit Micro stakes on iPoker (gotta try it all ;) ) Although there are quite a lot of TAG regulars .. its certainly beatable.

So SNGs are also very very fishy.

I haven't tried playing SSS there .. but its certainly possible to learn poker on iPoker and even to build a BR there.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Hi all and thanks for all your advice, I've found some short stack SnG's that seem to be quite profitable so trying these and working on my cash games as well. So I've started a thread to keep track of my progress called Short stack SnG's so if u want see how I'm doing and offer advice it's all wanted,

c yall