Full Tilt Poker Academy

• 33 replies
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      I was looking at this the other day and it looks pretty sweet Some really nice interactive features.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Yes, I'm pretty impressed by it so far, just about completed my first challenge.

Good to run along with PokerStrategy guides.

Thanks for posting Tklimas.

Bart.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Is these really run by FTP and is not a scam to get our username and password. Sounds to good to be true that while playing at FTP(which btw i already am doing) we can earn additional money by passing those tasks that will improve our game anyway. I dont get what FTP gain besides maybe some players will play more.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      There's like no challenges for FL. Only for NL and sngs. how lame!
    • ArlandasM
      ArlandasM
      Basic
      Originally posted by slikec
      Is these really run by FTP and is not a scam to get our username and password. Sounds to good to be true that while playing at FTP(which btw i already am doing) we can earn additional money by passing those tasks that will improve our game anyway. I dont get what FTP gain besides maybe some players will play more.
      How do you imagine that would be possible to do on fulltiltpoker domain? :) Probably that's their marketing strategy to get players that way and I believe it works quite well.
    • Tklimas
      Tklimas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      There's like no challenges for FL. Only for NL and sngs. how lame!
      This site opened like 5 days ago. Be patient. ;)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi slikec,

I must admit that i personally had the same concerns initially too, but it is now being advertised on their banner in the actual Full Tilt software. Like Tklimas mentioned, only just in the course of being set up and so I expect more & store etc will be added to shortly.

In my personal opinion it's looks to be a good tool (a nice little extra like Ironman etc) to use alongside PokerStrategy with my linked account, but PokerStrategy has much more detailed strategy advice on a much wider topic base and will still be my primary learning route.

I've just started re-reading the bronze PokerStrategy articles on sss as I think I might have missed some aspects by rushing through too quickly. Any leak plugging has to be +EV ;) and I need all the help I can get to drag myself out of a current downturn. :D

Bart
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      I can't believe ya'll are so positive about this stuff.. I mean ffs they are pushing my fishes into folding KJo early in a sng.. I MEAN PLEASE DON'T FEED MY FISHES!!!!... Poker rooms should do what they can to keep enough fishes on their site... but full tilt seem to want to create the atmosphere that full tilt is the toughest site on the planet to beat... like seriously they're are basically pushing no brainer villians into watching some poker strategy videos....

and yeah the academy credits stuff is probably as bad as every other full tilt promotion... 2k academy points will prolly be worth around $5 r so... It's amazing how full tilt can always come up with something sounding so good and then execute it in such a terrible way... Seriously don't feed my fish :(

One more promotion that will make the quality of play higher on full tilt than else where... Great... Gotta hate that...
    • Tklimas
      Tklimas
      Bronze
      Hlynkinn learn from FullTilt play on other site :D That helps ! ;D
    • PidKoker
      PidKoker
      Global
      They have some really nice Non-HE videos from Pros... for PL they have very nice mid/highstakes PLO 6max and midstakes PLO8 videos..

Also very nice HORSE videos one by the 50k runner up Andy Bloch for people who are looking for alittle info on FL side games.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      HA THEY MAY HAVE CLOSED MY ACCOUNT AND BANNED ME BUT IM ALLOWED ON THE ACADEMY. CAN LOG IN AND EVERYTHING. I LIKE FTP'S HALF ASSED APPROACH.

Anyway good site, will definately watchin the content :D
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      HA THEY MAY HAVE CLOSED MY ACCOUNT AND BANNED ME BUT IM ALLOWED ON THE ACADEMY. CAN LOG IN AND EVERYTHING. I LIKE FTP'S HALF ASSED APPROACH.

Anyway good site, will definately watchin the content :D
      I have to ask - why were you banned? lol
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      They called me a bot and closed my account before i had time to explain that it was SSS. Lol they let me withdraw tho so its ok :)
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      OMG, Chris Ferguson just advised a min raise from EP. The FTP donks will be going wild with this!! He didnt even make it 2.5 apparently thats in MP, shame on you Jesus. What a donkey.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      OMG, Chris Ferguson just advised a min raise from EP. The FTP donks will be going wild with this!! He didnt even make it 2.5 apparently thats in MP, shame on you Jesus. What a donkey.
      he wasn't advising to min raise from EP. It was more something he meant as in mixing up your game on the higher limits :) ... still the challenge says min raise monsters few times in EP... lmao min raise EP now means monster on ftp :) ... so if you have 22 and want to represent monster min raise ep
    • Abe1919
      Abe1919
      Bronze
      I like the fulltilt academy it's colourful and fun but ofcourse is never gonna over the indepth strategy that PS has. But it's good to see the pro's play i was watching Eric Lindgren's FTOPS video it's awesome. Gotta say it looked like he was getting preferential treatment with the cards he was catching. I think the challenges are a nice little touch. As for "feeding the fishes" they'll always be fishes. :D
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      It sucks. I've completed the SNG challenge in like 2 days and there is nothing else I can do there. I can't even buy anything in the shop since it's not open yet...
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LuborC
      It sucks. I've completed the SNG challenge in like 2 days and there is nothing else I can do there. I can't even buy anything in the shop since it's not open yet...
      You can retake any challenge up to 10x each apparantly and more are due online over the coming weeks/months.

Bart
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      You can retake the challenges, but you won't get additional points for taking them over again. I did the SNG challenge twice and only got credit for the first time.