TALE of a TILTER

• mungavin
      mungavin
      Bronze
      Intro

Hi im trying to play poker for some extra cash.
      Im a New Zealander, married and living in Finland . Now studying language .
      Im starting this blog because i have already blown several starts at bankrolls.Hopefully blogging will keep my tendencies to go crazy and blow all my cash in check....... hopefully.

A quick History. 2007- now

Bankrolls blown......5.....

Numbers...this is hard......$900 $600 $400 $200 $200 all started from less than $50.

I played a bit in 2008 with ps bankroll.

Lately i havnt the cash to invest so been freerolling for a start.

I won $66 in 300 freeroll on Saturday night, march 7th, so im now able to start.
  • 12 replies
    • mungavin
      mungavin
      Bronze
      Sunday ...day after i got a bankroll, from winning a 300 freeroll.

I played a few hours today and did really well.

Built my roll up to 100 then went to the gym.

HOWEVER when i returned i played again and leaked off 30.

This was frustrating as i was playing well but had to fold pairs to all in shoves and big reraises.

Im playing 10 /20 cent table. Bigstacked.

As my temperature rose i closed up all tables and opened up a 25/50 table buying in for full 50. OVER 70% OF MY BANKROLL.

Now im in full catch up mode, after 15 mins of small pots i call an´open raise with AKo , K flops, he bets i raise , he goes all in , i call. $110 in pot.
      He has flush draw and misses, i bolt and record win for the day.

Bankroll $132

MY STRATEGY AT THIS POINT.

I have played SS and BS.
      I know bankroll management and safety numbers.

But dam i cant help myself but start at 10/20 cent tables.
      At this point im trying to play for stacks with monsters and big draws.
      Small pots with pairs.
      Float for cheap.

I would rather play this risky than sit at 1/2 cent tables.

Its all or nothing for me.
    • mungavin
      mungavin
      Bronze
      Played long session late last night and got really lucky twice hitting Kon the river to double up.

Also sat at another table with 50 and doubled up with AK vs AQ.

When things are going well im not so prone to tilt so i only experenced a little frustration yesterday cause it was like 4 in the morning
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      [ ] BRM. Didnt you learn anythin from losin you br's in the past? I know it can be tedious buildin a br playin micro stakes, but its the only way to without riskin going broke. Just think of it as a learning process n a hobby where you can have fun n make money too, if you're disciplined the profit will show in the longrun. Best of luck to ya.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by p0kerQT
      [ ] BRM. Didnt you learn anythin from losin you br's in the past? I know it can be tedious buildin a br playin micro stakes, but its the only way to without riskin going broke. Just think of it as a learning process n a hobby where you can have fun n make money too, if you're disciplined the profit will show in the longrun. Best of luck to ya.
      This.
    • mungavin
      mungavin
      Bronze
      ok

Played another session 6 tables 4 with $20 at each and 2 with $50.

Played really well and whent up.

<but towards the end i did something stupid i went to nl100 6 man table and lost 2 $32 stacks in 5 minutes.

So i lost my profit for a 3 hour session at the end in 5 minutes :(

WHY ...............

After food i returned and leaked off more money , about another 30.

But then i got extremly lucky and tripled up at a nl50 table with a FH on the river to beat another FH and a str8. the pot was about $164 .

Im constantly putting 30-40% of my stack a t risk, i cant help it.

When i get behind i always go to bigger table and try get it back, and dont think its good?

Anyway bankroll is currently about $315.

But i must say im really swingy.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Why even bother posting if you know what your doing is wrong and you keep telling yourself its wrong. Obviously no matter what anyone says you are going to keep doing this. You have lost $2300 dollars doing the same thing you are doing right now and you wont stop. If that doesn't tell you something about your gambling addiction nothing will.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Hehe, you were waaaaaaay under-bankrolled already then u tilt and go to an even higher table? Of course it's bad! That's just pure gambling - even worse than regular gambling since you don't know what odds you're really getting hand to hand. With a proper bankroll, you can lose a couple flips and take a couple bad beats all in a row and just take it as an off day - in you're case you will be broke when that eventually happens. At this point, you have no plan to earn a few extra bucks, you have a plan that will just leave you with even less money.

With the $315 you could say at NL20 but you must move down if you fall to $250. That leaves you just over 3 stacks of a buffer to stay at NL20. Maybe that plan is a bit of a compromise.
    • mungavin
      mungavin
      Bronze
      Hi

Thanks for the comments about the bankroll management and the nl20 tables .

I will have a go at sticking to it.

I have played more today, monday 10th.

It has been widly up and down swings of about $130 .

Im finishing a little down.

bankroll $295
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      hahaha :D

In this tempo you'll play for another 7 days and then you'll have to say 6 times instead of 5...but this time it's really the last time going broke.

Only you know if it's really worth it.
    • mungavin
      mungavin
      Bronze
      Whoops

Just thought i add i made silver.... and i doubled up so i finish on a profit today.

Im looking forward to re reading the articles and watching the videos.

Im not sure if i can play much over the next week....my wife has just gone into Labour :)

Bankroll $340
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Wow! Congratulations. Good luck!
    • mungavin
      mungavin
      Bronze
      Thanks alot its a slow one.....:)

Will play a session now tuesday morning, i know the tables are tighter so i hope to get some big easy to play hands and avoid marginal situations for big pots.

Today i will revisit some of the articles and videos as now im silver there alot more interesting.

Hopefully be gold by next week or so.Depends on the little one.

Thanks to all for your comments they are really helping me.

The comment about the 7 days was very close to what has happened in the past.Play non stop for a week build a gd starting roll then bang busted.

off to the tables.

Oh yeah how do i get hands out of Mansion for showing here?