This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Player Profiling - REGS

• DannyHorsley
      DannyHorsley
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Just wondering how everybody profiles the regular players at their tables? I usually tag a player (green) once I have a sample of 1k hands. I tend tor remember there names and will either avoid tables with them or try to sit so I am IP against them (unless I fancy a challenge or want to practice playing against a certain player type OOP for example).

I'll also run their name through PT4 and run a leaktracker on them. I'll also do a few other bits on PT4 but nothing that I am confident is of any use. Feel free to post what kind of analyses you guys do.

Generally speaking I think most regs play quite similar at my level, only 2 of about 10 in my database runs a profit, I guess its all about finding out what weaknesses these guys have and how to exploit them. For example none are extremely fishy but do have slightly larger or small cbet, fold to cbet or raise vs cbet stats so I can play accordingly.
  • 5 replies
    • filip212
      filip212
      Bronze
      I think after 100-200 hands you may know somebody is not fish. If after 100-200 hands player play solid poker and have stats 20/19 - 29/28 or 29/20... Cbet ec 50/60 im using yellow for reg. I tag him with yellow as reg and after i have enough hands im looking for stats if is it real reg :)
    • DannyHorsley
      DannyHorsley
      Bronze
      I don't like using stats on their own to label a player as a fish. If somebody is playing 27/14 for example I may think they're a bit of a fish but I usually like to see them playing a bit fishy before I tag them as one.

I am yet to tag somebody as a reg/fish, but maybe I will use the yellow tag when I do this ;) I have a reg playing with me at the moment who is 23/14, cbet 58 and f to cbet 46. Nothing majorly wrong with his stats, though slightly on the passive side. I'm just trying to identify some big leaks in his game. Maybe I just play straightforward poker until something stands out?
    • filip212
      filip212
      Bronze
      Yeah this is not player with which you want to play :) You want play against fish. With regs you can be break even or have small profit if you are able to leak them but i dont know stakes what you play but if micro trust me find table where is fish and try play against. You can try sometimes exploit him with 2 barrels on good flops if he call you preflop but dont be crazy and do real valuebets against his ranges. You want fish at table thats all

//EDIT You can see from stats he have calling range you can try if he dont overfold to raise when he only calls. But its only 1 BB+ if yes but against reg every BB is good BB :)
    • kosova24091993
      kosova24091993
      Bronze
      :f_cool:
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Nitreg red
      Good reg blue
      Reg with big exploits light blue
      Do not bluff/tricky reg purple
      overly aggro reg orange

Specific hands people show down are main drivers in color markings, there's no point marking a reg he's 21/17 when you can see stats unless you use it for tableselection

And I have my hud pogrammed to change colours of VPIP and PFR anyways to fit player type ranges