This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A5s

• Macias09
      Macias09
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $1,66
      BB:
      $3,62
      MP1:
      $4,98
      MP2:
      $3,67
      Hero:
      $4,72

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.62 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , 5:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,04, MP2 calls $0,04, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0,04, BU folds, SB calls $0,02, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,20) J:spade: , A:heart: , 4:club: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0,19, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0,19, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($0,58) 2:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0,58) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0,04, Hero raises to $0,60, MP1 raises to $1,16, Hero calls $0,56.

Final Pot: $2,90

preflop should I raise?
      postflop?
  • 2 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Pfr: A matter of preference I think, some people would advocate a raise here but I think limping is fine because the two other limpers look like stations, and I wouldn't want to get into a multiway raised pot with A5s. However, if you limp you need to be able *not* to overplay your pair if the ace hits. You're doing it to hit the flush, not the ace.

Flop: Ok if your plan is bet/fold ;)

Turn: Ok

River: Just call the small bet. He won't call your raise with a worse hand
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Pfr: A matter of preference I think, some people would advocate a raise here but I think limping is fine because the two other limpers look like stations, and I wouldn't want to get into a multiway raised pot with A5s. However, if you limp you need to be able *not* to overplay your pair if the ace hits. You're doing it to hit the flush, not the ace.

Flop: Ok if your plan is bet/fold ;)

Turn: Ok

River: Just call the small bet. He won't call your raise with a worse hand
      +1