This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL25] HERO FOLD RIVER??

• fonfry
      fonfry
      Bronze
      I have 10 hands of the villain !
      I bet the flop and the villain call
      Range: sets , Qx , gutshots, oesd,maybe some backdoors flushes and straights like ATs KTs KJs AJs AKs JTs .
      Turn is not the worst card for me and i bet again with top pair and he calls, when he calls he can have i think something like sets, oesd,Qx,flushes like kts aks or middle pairs like jts kjs i think is posible.
      The river is a 9 that i think is the best card for me and i bet again but the villain raise...what hands the villain raise?

55 44 QJ JJ KTs Q9 maybe 67 and maybe some A3s A2s
      What do you do in river??

PokerStars - €0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 105.04 BB (VPIP: 60.00, PFR: 10.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 10)
      SB: 214.44 BB (VPIP: 24.36, PFR: 20.29, 3Bet Preflop: 8.45, Hands: 4,111)
      BB: 144.28 BB (VPIP: 28.61, PFR: 23.33, 3Bet Preflop: 3.79, Hands: 370)
      Hero (CO): 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 9:spade: Q:spade:

Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.4 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond: Q:heart: 4:club:
      Hero bets 3.48 BB, BTN calls 3.48 BB

Turn: (14.36 BB, 2 players) J:heart:
      Hero bets 6.76 BB, BTN calls 6.76 BB

River: (27.88 BB, 2 players) 9:club:
      Hero bets 13.16 BB, BTN raises to 66 BB, HERO???
  • 10 replies
    • Sunrise1912
      Sunrise1912
      Bronze
      I am insta calling this. His lane makes absolutely no sense. 44, 55, QJ should raise the turn for value and protection by most competent players.

You beat the rest unless he floated you with something retarded like KT.
    • MatoStar
      MatoStar
      Bronze
      Well it's a tough, because we are betting for value. Personally I would bet bigger OTR. I think we can find a nitty fold, because villain is unknown and the raise is huge. Actually we have a lot of better hands to call with: QQ,JJ,55,44,KTs,KTo,T8s,QJs,QJo.
      It's really rare to see bluff here, especially when we did a triple barrel OOP, imo it will be mainly nuts (sometimes some random spews).
      Make a note and move on.

What did you do and why?
    • LacsapR
      LacsapR
      Bronze
      I'd also find a tight fold - to me his line looks pretty strong OTR as we know river raises are the nuts veeeeeeery often :D
    • Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Bronze
      I agree with Sunrise1912 that his line doesn't make alot of sense, but anyway, on this limit I think the call will not be profitable because we will run into weird played KT, QJ and sets more often than not.
    • Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      Flop is a check/call, This is the worst Qx you have probably, we need some Qx in our checking range.

Turn you're also vbetting too light.

River, due to your small sizings you made it possible for him to end up with KT aswell, triple float, huge river raise is rarely a bluff, you beat 0 of his value, i'd fold.

If this is vs a comfirmed fish things might change a bit. But 10hands is too small to say anything.
    • Willy411
      Willy411
      Bronze
      The best line you mean c/c flop and c/c turn (or bet if no bets OTF)?
    • s0cru3l
      s0cru3l
      Black
      FLOP = We dont have 3streets of value => WE CHECK FLOP.
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      I agree with with check/calling the flop, we need hands like this in our checking range.

On the turn I think we can bet bigger.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      You can definitely mix in a bet some of the time with the hand, that's no big deal although probably more so when you go smaller with half pot you should lean towards a check. Especially since I'd assume like most ppl at the limit you'll play your A3 etc. as a bet here.
      Yeah not having 3 streets of value has merit, but so does having some more TP mixes in bet check line, especially if you cbet a lot more than optimal like everyone does at the limit

Turn's interesting, even at NL400 I probably cbet more than optimal with hands like backdoor hearts etc. even throw in some backdoor blocking AhKx etc. so I'd go with 2/3 sizing as I picked draws and still have a bunch of strong hands on the turn and with that the Q9 is just a check.

Bu you know what, Snowie with it's tight cbet strat actually uses 50% and with that you do actually bet most combos of Q9 now, interesting. It works because then it will throw a blockbet on cards like this one with 90% of range including the TPNK it bet and then call off a hand like this happily

River I'd just fold, and bet either smaller or much bigger this bet feels weird to me
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      I would fold river too.