This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL25] Standard bet 3 barrels??

• fonfry
      fonfry
      Bronze
      The Co open, he has a 23% OR and with AQo in SB i 3bet , and he fold 47% to 3bet .

Maybe he can have a range like that more or less,I think QQ+ and AK is always 4bet or almost always.
      JJ-77,AQo-AJo,KQo,AQs-A2s,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s

How do you play the hand and the sicings??

PokerStars - €0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 192.28 BB (VPIP: 31.45, PFR: 22.14, 3Bet Preflop: 7.53, Hands: 873)
      UTG: 100.4 BB (VPIP: 19.38, PFR: 7.03, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 130)
      CO: 116.8 BB (VPIP: 23.07, PFR: 18.17, 3Bet Preflop: 9.05, Hands: 6,143)
      BTN: 45.8 BB (VPIP: 43.48, PFR: 21.74, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)
      Hero (SB): 102.04 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:club: Q:spade:

fold, CO raises to 2.44 BB, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, CO calls 6.56 BB

Flop: (19 BB, 2 players) A:heart: T:club: 4:club:
      Hero bets 8.96 BB, CO calls 8.96 BB

Turn: (36.92 BB, 2 players) 8:heart:
      Hero bets 19 BB, CO calls 19 BB

River: (74.92 BB, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      Hero bets 65.08 BB and is all-in, CO calls 65.08 BB
  • 12 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Sizing seems fine, I would most likely bet the flop a little bit more to get it he money easier on the river, but shoving with a 1 pair hand is always close against a regular on a coordinated board as this one.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Tonyx86
      Tonyx86
      Bronze
      I dont believe we can still value bet OTR. And i also dont believe we get AK to fold.

So maybe it would be better to check/call the river to keep his range wider. Unfortunately we block the club draw with our ace. So there are less TP+FD combos in his range OTR.
    • MLima1984
      MLima1984
      Bronze
      I would raise 2/3 of the pot OTR.
      Im divided about the river all in, i believe the villain hit the board for sure and im not sure how strong he is.
      That said, due to his passive stile of play i tend to think he as some kind of PP or a worst ace pair than yours and paying all the way.

Hope you didnt got a Teddy KGB moment:
      This son of bi7tch -- all night, he check check check. He trapped me!
    • MatoStar
      MatoStar
      Bronze
      I would bet bigger OTT, because of many draws.
      Well OTR as other mentioned: it's close with value bet, we probably haven't it and AK isn't folding here. He has also FDs, but mainly FD+some pair so if we check he haven't many hands from which he would make a bluff bet, only KQs,QJs, maybe J9s,T8s (of clubs and hearts).
      So we want to do something different - small value bet sth like 1/4 of the pot (or maybe a bit smaller), because now he is able to call more Ax hands and he also actually can't really shove AK or some twopairs here, cause you still can have sets or twopairs. So if he would shove you should always call, because most of the time it will some busted draws. I think the really small bet can be the most +EV option. What do you think about it?
    • fonfry
      fonfry
      Bronze
      I think with AK the villain always 4bet,so in turn i we say everyone the bet should be bigger (maybe 24bb or 27bb something like that), but do you like the idea of check-raise allin en turn??because he always can bet draws,Ax and maybe middle pairs.
      I like your idea of minibet in river matostar but when he is doing at allin always is gonna be a hard decisión.but is not bad if i am gonna call his allin.
      At last he show me A6s so the river was very bad!!:f_p:
    • MatoStar
      MatoStar
      Bronze
      Well, I think the players are able to just call AK preflop here, but doesn't matter, because he also can't really shove on your small bet A4 and A6, about A8 and AT not sure.
      Your idea would be great if villain play aggressively his draws, but to be honest, imo the players play passively and if they have pair+draw, rather take a free card, because they have showdown value and also with the Kx FD can easily just check and see free river card. But from time to time you can try it and see how it works, but imo on such a drawy board you want to bet for protection.

By the way what would you do if on the river come 6c or 6h?
      Because then the situation is quite different. Actually we can still make a small river bet/fold, but not sure what worse hands would call us. Maybe I would prefer just check/fold, because he hasn't that many bluffs in his range.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Check/shove turn looks good to me here after your flop size, the board's just so drawy that he should be inclined to bet Ax more than usual and still has a bunch of draws here
      A bet to anywhere between 1/2 and 60 ish % seems fine to me too

As people said here, river blockbet is probably the most optimal play now but it's hard to pull off without having a strategy worked out vs a jam that you're gonna induce inevitably. A c/c seems 2nd best but people tend to be still passive cally on the river at 25. So yeah it's close in spots like these I'd try to look at stats and actual history and hands we played vs each other, 6k hands should give you an indication - the close spots is where you want your HUD to be the deciding factor and this seems like one of them
    • Willy411
      Willy411
      Bronze
      I think, we don't have 3 streets value bet. We beats AJ and that os question if he will call it.
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      If we do not have 3 streets of value here, where do we check in this hand?
    • Willy411
      Willy411
      Bronze
      I would c/c turn probably. Cause we did 3bet PF, if A is on the board we never do 3 bets with worst hand like AK, maybe AQ.
      With AJ I defenetly c/c turn, with AQ I think finally is both option possible (check turn / check river). Look into Equillab about how many combos. Cause we need protect our blufing range here too. We have our range draws in clubs like KQc, KJc,.. 98c..
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      See that's the thing about this spot
      when we check/call turn because this is so drawy he should be a ton of aces and then check them back on the river
      Same thing goes for draws, that people underbluff on rivers anyways

And here when you check/call turn it looks like you have pretty much 100% showdown value so bluffing river isn't clear anyways even before knowing people tend to be passive

Why if we check turn I'd prefer a check/shove here actually
    • Willy411
      Willy411
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LemOn36

Why if we check turn I'd prefer a check/shove here actually
      From witch combination we get value? if he calls draw, has outs probably..worst Ax..he will call?