This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

PP Questions

• Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      Hello,

I'm looking to move over to PP from PS. There are a few reasons for this but I wont get into them other than I seem to have monsters sucked out by 2 outters far too much. I have done the calculations on the 450 tournaments I have won/lost and the numbers are ridiculous.

That being said, I'm looking at PP because of the videos I saw. I am a tournament player but have moved to playing SnGs to build PS.com points. So I have a few questions about PP.

Do all Sit & Gos start off with 2000 chips? It plays to my tighter style more.

Are there serveral limits to SnGs? Will I be able to find a game under $5 unlike at FTP.

What are the blind structures. Are turbos 5 min and normal 10?

How is the interface for Multitableing?

For tournament play, are blind structures 15 minutes? I cant stand 10 minute blind structures in 3000 player tournaments like FTP does. PS seems to have an optimal 15 minute blind structure.

How are the bonuses and rakeback? I have never understood how rakeback worked (dont play cashgames online). I looked into the bonuses and they look pretty good depending on how hard it is to get Partypoints.

How do SnGs and Tournaments recieve PartyPoints/PokerStrategy Points?

I know there is no such this as a perfect RnG, but has anyone done any study over a number of hands/sngs on % of suckouts? Like I said i did the numbers on 2 outters on pokerstars and it was running over the 450 sngs at 19.7% on the river. This probubly isn't a big enough sample size but frusterating never the less. (These numbers are not just on hands I was sucked out on but for all players at my SnGs)

Thanks for the info. Once again, I'm not blaming my -RoI at PS because of suckouts, but the 1500 starting capital with 1-2 players going all in preflop every hand at $3.40 level is not poker, its roulette.
  • 2 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Well,

I am not an SnG player (at the moment), but I would be very surprised if your suck-out rate would change simply by moving from one site to another.

At the low level, my guess is that all players are roughly equal strength - from one site to another - and the idea that some sites are significantly tighter or fishier than others is just bogus imo.

As far as I know, all SnGs are 2000 chip starts.

There are definitely $1 and $3 SnGs - I think the fees are quite expensive though - I'd check on the site before switching.

Multitabling seems ok, at least for cash games - don't have much to compare with though.

Don't think Rakeback exists. Party points reasonably easy to earn and each point is 1.5 PS points, which is cool.

Sorry I can't help more.
      p.s. If you got 1500 starting capital, you did very well ;)
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      Lol sorry that was a misstype. 1500 starting chipstack. Not capitol.

The main reason for switching isn't the suckouts but the starting chipstack and (possibly) 9 handed Turbos in stead of 10 handed turbos.

I have a $1300 bankroll right now (not from online poker, I do well live and not so well online) but only want to commit max $300 to online. This would mean playing $3 SnGs for a while.

Also, what is required for me to get PokerStrat Points here. I will be cashing my own money to start and want to recieve my 100% up to $500 bonus but I also want to make sure PS is getting thier rake and I'm recieving points.