This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Recommendations for good online poker-training apps

• fivefoursuited54
      fivefoursuited54
      Basic
      Hey there,

I'm a cash game player for about 10 years, never learnt the game from anyone and relied purely on my experience, online videos, poker tournies on TV and discussion with my friends.

I usually play 0.5/1$ online, and 1/2 up to 2/5 live.

Reading books is too boring for me, and watching long videos also proved to be impractical.

Does anyone know about a cool training app (online or mobile) where I can improve my game in a fun way?

Thank you very much everyone!
  • 4 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by fivefoursuited54
      Does anyone know about a cool training app (online or mobile) where I can improve my game in a fun way?
      Hi, fivefoursuited54
      PokerSnowie Mobile is the only one I know of.
      To use it, you need a subscription to Pokersnowie. You can take advantage of the PokerStrategy.com offer to get it it -- you get either Gold or Platinum status for a month if you get it through us. The cost is the same -- $99 per year.

There is a 10-day free trial, but I'm not sure if the mobile app works during the trial.

I might just give it a try myself.

I have tried several poker training apps over the last 10 years or so, and I crushed all of them -- which was why I started playing poker online in the first place. This revealed the plain truth that the apps were way to simple, and I was not nearly the poker player I thought I was!

If you do find other apps, let us know!
      VS

I don't know if the mobile app is
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Note:
      After I posted the above, I did a search for "poker training apps android" and "best app learn poker android"
      There were a lot of hits.

I read the descriptions of the top 10 on each search, and most of them seemed rather simplistic.

VS
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Wow -- after not having any exposure to this top at all in the first 5 months of this year I run across a bunch of them.
      Check out this thread:
      [OFFICIAL Support Thread] Poker Fighter - Free Poker Trainer

I definitely will give this one a try.

VS
    • fivefoursuited54
      fivefoursuited54
      Basic
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Wow -- after not having any exposure to this top at all in the first 5 months of this year I run across a bunch of them.
      Check out this thread:
      [OFFICIAL Support Thread] Poker Fighter - Free Poker Trainer

I definitely will give this one a try.

https://www.pokerstrategy.com/image/ranks/mini/moderator.pngVS

Wow!! First of all I wanted to thank you so much for giving me all this information!!

Wanted to say that I tried the Pokersnowie according to your initial recommendation and I agree with you that it's way to simple. It is actually very hard to learn from it because it tell you what you should do but doesn't explain why, it coerces me to memorize the moves without understanding them.

I have to say that your Poker Fighter recommendation was absolutely perfect! exactly what I needed!!!
      I'm using this for a few days now (already purchased the 1 year premium account) and I enjoy every minute of it.
      It actually divides the different levels of the game and different board textures in various positions and it actually explains the right moves and even allows you to accumilate points when you do the right decisions.
      It also allows me to play every level as many times as I want - and the cards/boards always changes (it's not a limited number of scenarios).

Looks like a new revolution within the Poker Trainers era.
      Did you try it yourself eventually? very interesting to hear what a knoledgeable poker player as yourself thinks about it.

Again thanks!