Grind on the mind: how to heavy multitable?

• viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Lo all,

I'm trying to increase my number of tables, Playing 14-17 tables atm but I'd like to increase that number to increase my volume ^^

The biggest problem is ofcourse timing out because of being to slow/losing focus. Not to sure what to do about that.

How do the heavy multitablers do it? 1 table cascading has the big advantage of limiting the "mouse travel distance", but I'm sure it has some disadvantages I havent found myself.

I only have one screen (for now ^^), I'm currently using a 2*2 square cascade setup (so 4 tables on my screen).

So any tips or advice are welcome :D
  • 10 replies
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      Do you have any AHK's? That's the only useful thing I can think of, other than playing so many SnGs that your decisions become automatic. Even so, I don't see how boku, or any of the other intensive multi-tablers do it.

(off topic: I've always wondered why you are bronze?)

EDIT: wt.., they reset everyone's post count..
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Havent played on accounts tracked by pokerstrategy lately. AHK scripts are for hotkeys or something?
    • midgetjay
      midgetjay
      Bronze
      Ohh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up. But yeah, AHK's can program hotkeys to bet with, automatically use time-bank, automatically register tournys for you, etc.,

I tile the tables when I multitable, so I have an AHK that activates the table that my mouse rolls over on so that I don't have to click it. That alone saves over 750+ clicks! lol
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      It's not allowed my most poker sites, though, is it? You play at Full Tilt, right Midgetjay? If the scripts are legal there could you post a link or something so that I could get some more info about AHK? Thanks...
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Can anyone recomend good scripts for pokerstars?

btw what do you mean with activating the table your mouse rolles over? On stars we have one-click table activation ^^
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      There is a decent PokerStars AHK script called PokerStars helper or something like that. It auto-focuses tables and has some other features such as quick registration + closing lobbys.

If you simply stack the tables its not that bad playing massive amounts really, its just about being very very good with ranges and decisions. The faster you can make decisions the easier it gets.

I think the mechanical aspect of it is the easiest - since if you stack tables and simply react to when something needs to get done you can multi-table without even breaking a sweat. The hard thing is the fast decision making.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      check out, i believe it was table ninja?. Something ninja, read about it in 2+2 and tried it out, but havent been playing on stars too much anymore
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77
      check out, i believe it was table ninja?. Something ninja, read about it in 2+2 and tried it out, but havent been playing on stars too much anymore
      downloaded it and I'm testing it right now, this can really help the "little annoyances" like clicking 3 times for registering for a tourney, the stupid "checking is free" box, ...

Appears to be working fine :)
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I'm planning on trying it out soon. But been playing on mac, not windows. don't think theres any AHK for mac
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      forgot about this thread :p

tableninja is awesome, really helps multitabling :)