FT Rakeback or Party Points?

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I'm a Party NL FR player at the moment. The points structure is such that it seems pretty easy to get PS points via Party - which is good for content on this site, ofc.

However, when I hear that you can get rakeback on Full Tilt, my instinct says - that must be better - free money etc! Is FTP's points scheme just more stingy to compensate?

So, I am wondering if all these different types of reward scheme pretty much balance themselves out or whether anyone out there thinks that FTP rakeback is really worth something?

In particular, are there players who play on both sites, and if so, which do they prefer and why?

Any and all views welcome.
      thanks, Tim
  • 5 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Bonuses and stuff are way better on FTP (rakeback beats party poker's one by like 10% :) ). The only thing that is better on party is that it might be more fishy and have more tables.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Well the rake back at FTP is very nice :D and if you are a SSS player then you can really compensate from it.
      But cant you buy cash bonuses with Party points on party? 1500 points gets you $50. So im not sure which is better but i would say FTP. But the maths is too complicated lol.
      But as you said PartyPoints are extremly good for you rank on here. Im not sure about how high you gold rank is but if your on the border of gold u would definately drop down to silver. I would say you may earn half as much Strategy points at FTP but again its impossible to calculate. I havent played on FTP since december as well but i hope ive given you a good idea.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Including all the bonuses, partypoker has about 17-18% rakeback to FTP's 27% ;) . Only thing that sucks is that you can't get cash bonuses with FTP points... you can get em with iron man medals, with FTP points you can buy electronics or get some nice tourny entrys though :) .
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      BTW, if you buy bonuses or any other things at FTP, your RB gets lower for that week.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Hey guys,

That's great - thanks. Sounds like about a 10-15% r/b uplift at FTP compared to Party; but the downside is that I'd have to give up my access the Gold articles. Given that I'm a beginner, I probably benefit more from the knowledge base than the small additional cash.

Cheers all!