This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] JTs oop with a fish

• juhiimi
      juhiimi
      Bronze
      Poker Stars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) - Converted at http://www.handhistoryconverter.com

MP ($3.78)
      Button ($5.63)VPIP: 42, PFR: 23, 3B: 0, AF: 1,1, Hands: 26
      Hero (SB) ($5.02)
      BB ($4.35)
      UTG ($5.10)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, 10
      2 folds, Button raises $0.12, Hero raises $0.43, 1 fold, Button calls $0.33

Flop: ($0.95) 8, 7, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.55, Button calls $0.55

Turn: ($2.05) 10 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, Button calls $1.20

River: ($4.45) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $3.16, Hero calls $2.82 (All-In)

Total pot: $10.09

What do you think about my 3bet pre?Wuld it be better to flat here?
      OTF the cbet is std i guess with a gutshot.
      OTT would you bet here or x/call?
      OTR i just cant imagine that he has something very strong, after the passivity on the flop and turn on a drawy board. So with something like AT he would prob. check too so i guess its mostly bluffs.
  • 9 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      JTs is a hand I would normal just call with or he likes to fold a lot on 3bets, but you have no sample on this with only 26 hands on him. The Cbet seems fair enough with the gut shot and backdoor flush draw. Turn seems alright to, but the river will be tricky to call, because there aren’t to many hands you beat here.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Preflop: Call. BB isn't a full stack, nothing to worry about with squeezes. Good hand for a multiway pot.
      as played; i'd bet half pot turn and x/f river. As SDK said, what are you beating?
      People rarely bluff in this spot, definitely a losing call in the longrun.
    • juhiimi
      juhiimi
      Bronze
      I think his range is polarized, containing more bluffs then value hands. He is probably a fish, but he will not bet here a better T or two weaker pairs or some overpairs. He bets here sets, straights, or top two pairs, but he will play theese some of the time aggresivly OTR and he bets here busted draws, weak hands turning them into bluff.
    • Tonyx86
      Tonyx86
      Bronze
      I would have played the hand pretty much the same like u until the turn.

I like the 3bet. Oop i prefer the raise pre, because on that kind of flop we often can get the pot with a cbet.

Turn x/c and river either bet if villain checked back the turn or x/f if villain did bet OTT.

As played we have the problem, as u said, that villains range might be polarized. But i dont see so many bluffs aka busted draws. Mostly 66,99,JJ,QQ,AsKs. We beat only 99.
    • GridironAssassin
      GridironAssassin
      Bronze
      Sizing down the flop bet a bit and checking/evaluating turn.
    • juhiimi
      juhiimi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by juhiimi
      I think his range is polarized, containing more bluffs then value hands. He is probably a fish, but he will not bet here a better T or two weaker pairs or some overpairs. He bets here sets, straights, or top two pairs, but he will play theese some of the time aggresivly OTR and he bets here busted draws, weak hands turning them into bluff.
      He would have played them aggresive OTT not OTR sorry..
      Thanks guys for the replies, btw he had 89o.
    • Tonyx86
      Tonyx86
      Bronze
      ..., btw he had 89o.
      This is exactly the main problem we have when discussing some nice hands here. Most of our villains neither have any 3bet calling range nor calling after realistic pot odds. So they often wake up with weird hands OTR we never expect. Maybe our villain simply overplayed bis hand more than he was willing to bluff.

On the micros it's pretty hard to separate them from some solid "regs". This is why iam struggling heavily on NL5 :(
    • DannyHorsley
      DannyHorsley
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tonyx86
      ..., btw he had 89o.
      This is exactly the main problem we have when discussing some nice hands here. Most of our villains neither have any 3bet calling range nor calling after realistic pot odds. So they often wake up with weird hands OTR we never expect. Maybe our villain simply overplayed bis hand more than he was willing to bluff.

On the micros it's pretty hard to separate them from some solid "regs". This is why iam struggling heavily on NL5 :(
      +1
    • juhiimi
      juhiimi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tonyx86
      ..., btw he had 89o.

You can't be serious that he was not bluffing here...
      With the rest of what you said i agree.