This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2] Showtime- KK

• CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver

Is this a way ahead-way behind spot where we should pot control on the river?

This is Showtime on PS, so we know that a J and a T has been folded by other Villains.
  • 5 replies
    • DannyHorsley
      DannyHorsley
      Bronze
      To answer your question, yes we probably should be betting less OTR. You bet small OTF and OTT but then overbet OTR. Because the river card didn’t really bring anything scary, it looks to villain like you either hit the flop hard (with a set or two pair, straight, overpair or maybe TPTK). So betting so large on the river only really achieves two things: 1) he folds worse hands or 2) he calls with better hands. Which of course, is not what we want in poker.

I think you should have bet larger OTF and OTT here to make a more realistic shove OTR. But as played I would have checked OTR and called a small bet.
    • juhiimi
      juhiimi
      Bronze
      You could check/call on river, to get value from busted draws, this way his range will be stronger, but i think on nl2 its still not a mistake to 3 barrel with OP on this board.
    • CucumbaMan
      CucumbaMan
      Silver
      Yes, thanks for the answers guys!

I bet about 50% on the flop and the same on the turn. Are these small bets? You think I should bet about 70% on both streets?
    • Malgoes
      Malgoes
      Bronze
      I would bet about 70% OTF and OTT and bet OTR really small, I don´t think you get raised/shoved OTR with top pair. There are a lot Jx and suited combos, since there was no action preF...
    • Gr1ff1th
      Gr1ff1th
      Bronze
      People comments this like playing 100bb poker. Showtime NL2 is 40bb poker, overpair is nuts in this situation. B/B/Shove line is pretty OK, population is super loose in these games and you will be called by all sorts of trash hands (Tx, Qx, sometimes even 8x)