This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

What poker term or concept are you embarrassed to admit you don't understand?

• BarryCarter
      BarryCarter
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I wont name him but a former EPT champion once confided in me (way after his win) that he didnt know what 'fold equity' meant and eventually had to google it because he didnt want to make a laughing stock of himself with his pro mates.

I have a friend who has won two six figure scores in the UK and he asked me last year why everybody in poker asked each other how many big blinds they had in tournies (rather than just the stack size).

I realised recently a lot of our community is still relatively new, so I am going to try and explain more things in our articles rather than take for granted you all understand things like ranges, markup, fold equity, ICM etc etc.

So now it's your turn, what terms in poker have you been embarrassed to admit you don't know what they mean?

• 3 replies