This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

MTT ranges

• smasher147
      smasher147
      Bronze
      Hey, im a cash player looking to get into MTTs, the only problem is that i havent come across many places offering detailed ranges for MTTs. Wheres the best place to get solid MTT ranges?- or DM me if you are able to sell/provide solid MTT ranges for me.

regards,

malachi
  • 5 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I recommend checking the MTT Beginner Coaching: Discussion and feedback thread first and if you have questions after that you can always ask them here.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • CptJokerFish
      CptJokerFish
      Bronze
      Improve your Poker knowledge for the different stack sizes then you can create your own ranges. It should also help if you checkout live plays from good MTT player.

If you play only microstakes then you can also checkout the MTT beginner course. But I highly recommend that you should try to improve your game with other sources. Or just try to solve it by yourself. The strategys from these beginner courses are mit the best Way to play. Just think like this: Why would a highstakes reg get better results as you would get? The answer is that a high stakes Reg has a better knowledge about the game so you want to find out what they do different in equal to you. So you will not find it out if you strictly follow a beginner course. But the beginner course can help you to build the first base. Just think about everything what the course is teaching you and try to find out if you could improve something.
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      MTT games has way more variables than cash game for the ranges. Where as cash is pretty static in mtt/sng there are lot of different stack depths, antes and possible ICM consideration s. There are obviously all sort of ranges out there but following charts is not really optimal. Could be ok as guideline but it's important to learn reading table/game situations.
    • mardibg
      mardibg
      Bronze
      I mostly play mt, I am still looking for my game, I often miss it, sometimes I fall down accidentally. What is the difference between the turbo play and the regular?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey mardibg,

There are a couple of considerations. The blinds rise faster so your stack will quickly become shallow. You may also start with a smaller stack.

There is also the perception that turbos and hyper turbos attract impatient (loose) players as it satisfies their reduced attention span.

Regards

Laz