SSS NL10 SH, who has tried it???

• Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      Hello, I'd like to hear some feedback from ppl who has experienced SH SSS, I know I have to play different than I do in FR, but it is less boring, isnt it?? Anyway, suppose one could play perfect both FR and SH, is there one "more profitable" than the other in this low limits?? BTW: i play in pstars...
      or If im looking for "more fun" but still play according to the rules, should I just change to BSS??
  • 29 replies
    • wuusaa
      wuusaa
      Bronze
      sss is never fun :)
      just in Upswing time.

stay with fullring should be a good advice here.

sss sh is way too complicated for beginners
    • Dante63s
      Dante63s
      Bronze
      SSS works best on FR tables (for me atleast).
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Don't play it on SH...

I am seriously getting sick and tired of people sitting down with like 5$ at a NL20 SH table :(

Standard SSS strategy won't work SH....
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I spent most of last month playing SSS SH NL25 and NL50.
      I created my own starting hands chart by making four charts on a blank piece of paper - I filled out one for SSS, one for BSS and one for SH, then I used the handrange equilator to transfer the appropriate changes to the fourth chart for SSS SH.
      I played around 15k hands - and my advice to you is forget it. I lost a good chunk of my bankroll, so I went through the handhistory with a fine tooth comb and discovered that there wasnt really anything I could have done differently. I ran many, many hands through the equilator trying to find the most profitable way to play SSS SH, but in almost every difficult situation it told me there was simply no way to play it profitably with a shortstack.
      I have heard there are people on the dutch forum playing it, at limits as high as NL5k but at those limits the game is highly dependant on reads. On lower limits I dont believe it is mathematically profitable.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delete461
      I have heard there are people on the FRENCH forum playing it, at limits as high as NL5k but at those limits the game is highly dependant on reads. On lower limits I dont believe it is mathematically profitable.
      Afaik no Dutch player plays SSS-Sh :)
    • arky
      arky
      Bronze
      I am starting to believe that SSS is not profitable - I have played about 16K hands and I am on + 15 dollars (0,05/0,10) But only because Ive got lucky on coinflips (AK) lately.. On FL I was way in front. SSS is good only for point accumulation since it is mostly (at least for me) on zero profit..
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      I'd agree with above, i'm just accumulating enough stategy points to aquire the elephant license then onto BSS. I'm up by nearly 30 dollars but I do have over 800 strategy points, safe option if you stick to the stategy.
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Sry for maybe stupid question, but what is SH? and FR? Not just the letters, but in general? ...
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      FR : fullring (9-10 people tables)
      SH: Short handed (6 max )

FR is boring by definition so SSS belongs there.
      I expect SSS-SH to be profitable on nl10sh , but players are so bad that you are limiting your winnings and getting more variance.
    • wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      FR : fullring (9-10 people tables)
      SH: Short handed (6 max )

FR is boring by definition so SSS belongs there.
      I expect SSS-SH to be profitable on nl10sh , but players are so bad that you are limiting your winnings and getting more variance.

Thanks alejandrosh :)
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      if you find sss to be boring add more tables you will start getting more good hands since you play more hands and will not get bored so easy.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      yup open more sss tables. then you can patiently wait for your AA.
      also unfortunately tried SSS on SH NL10, 25 and 50.
      does not work! except for accumulating points very quickly. but you'll be losing a lot of bankroll soon though.
      you can try bss if you have BR for it. if not yet rich, why not try sngs? can start with small bankroll and there's lotta action esp in latter stages of tourney.
      started out with sngs, had lotta excitement but lots of variance.
      then moved to SSS which seems to be the careful way of building bankroll for me. esp with the first deposit bonuses. you gotta utilize those.
    • PoPoVitch
      PoPoVitch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Originally posted by delete461
      I have heard there are people on the FRENCH forum playing it, at limits as high as NL5k but at those limits the game is highly dependant on reads. On lower limits I dont believe it is mathematically profitable.
      Afaik no Dutch player plays SSS-Sh :)
      Few players play sss sh and it seems to work after at least nl50 and with stat, 2 of them have played till nl5k, and others are at nl100->600.
      Your moves depend only on others players stat.

The main problem of it is the variance (huge ;) ).

You need a BRM of at least 50 BI.

They are some SHC and I can find it if you are interested.
    • wuusaa
      wuusaa
      Bronze
      yeah please find the SHC :)

would be more than interested in it
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Guys if you are searching for SHC for SH SSS you probably don't have the skill to beat the game with a nice win rate on higher limits.

Stick to FR SSS and when you have some good bankroll move to BSS FR or SH

Best regards,
      Kukki
    • PoPoVitch
      PoPoVitch
      Bronze
      Here is a german shc for sss sh.

http://rapidshare.com/files/48114114/SSS-SH-SHC.zip

good luck
    • OldEnglish800
      OldEnglish800
      Bronze
      Thanks for posting the sss sh shc.

Looks interesting, I've been grinding sss 200NL FR and there always seems to be a lot more juicier SH tables running.

Can somebody translate the shc into english? Mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Im gonna try this when i got a few spare moments, seems like fun :)
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      SH SSS players deserve to go broke imo....

sorry I switched from FR to SH because of the sss players on FR... if they now follow to also ruin that game... I just hope they all go broke :) (mainly to me of course)