This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL25] VILLAIN DONK TURN AND I HAVE BIGDRAW...

• fonfry
      fonfry
      Bronze
      MP limp is a fish and i rais ein the btn con A4s and the bb calls.
      the bb is a regular , he calls a cold call in bb 12% so should be like pockets,brodway suited, AJo KQo some suited connectors and and Axs maybe something like that is his range.

The flop is not bad flop for me and i decided to bet to do a second barrel in turn.
      The villain call in flop and he donkbet turn..
      What to do in this point?? raise the turn and he shoves i call or fold? and he calls the raise what to do in river if is a blank?
      or do you prefer call? and the river is a blank and he checks?

PokerStars - €0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 101.4 BB (VPIP: 23.29, PFR: 18.32, 3Bet Preflop: 10.48, Hands: 3,277)
      Hero (BTN): 100 BB
      SB: 74.36 BB (VPIP: 30.32, PFR: 2.66, 3Bet Preflop: 2.15, Hands: 192)
      BB: 109.4 BB (VPIP: 22.69, PFR: 17.77, 3Bet Preflop: 5.41, Hands: 1,925)
      UTG: 106.84 BB (VPIP: 19.30, PFR: 11.32, 3Bet Preflop: 3.98, Hands: 652)
      MP: 50.32 BB (VPIP: 29.58, PFR: 16.90, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 74)

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:heart: 4:heart:

fold, MP calls 1 BB, fold, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, BB calls 3 BB, fold

Flop: (9.4 BB, 2 players) 7:heart: Q:diamond: 6:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets 5.88 BB, BB calls 5.88 BB

Turn: (21.16 BB, 2 players) 3:spade:
      BB bets 13.32 BB, Hero ???????
  • 2 replies
    • DannyHorsley
      DannyHorsley
      Bronze
      The 3s is a very weird card for him to donk with. If he’s hit a good hand here he would probably want to check and let you bet for him. He can then call or check-raise. Unless of course he thinks you are a bit more of a passive player who often gives up OTT?

I think we are best just to call here to pot control. You face the risk of having to fold to a shove, or missing your draws OTR and having to make a large bluff or fold to a bet.
    • Mozzek
      Mozzek
      Bronze
      I would also just call OTT. I think we are getting really good odds, bein IP. Also I doubt his donking range is gonna be balanced in this spot - in other words I think his donks will be value heavy. I think it´s fine to take the safe line (more passive) and not play huge pots when u are not sure about villains range. Esp in this spot where you get super good odds. If the river is a blank you can just give up imo, no need to bluff everything, but maybe bluffing is better, but xb OTR wouldn´t be -ev play either.