This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL5] Overpair against semi nit

• davidms
      davidms
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I was playing some Fastforward NL5 NLHE (6max) lately and was facing some difficult decisions in a hand.

CO: Hero (6$)
      BU: TAG (5$)
      SB: Unknown (3.5$)
      BB: Semi Nit (5$) (Hand Sample: 250 / VPIP: 15, PFR: 13)

Players in front were folding I had pocket Jacks. Action on me I opened 2.5BB.

BU and SB folded, BB called.

Flop: :3h: :6s: :5c: (Pot 26c)

BB checks. Hero bets 14c. BB calls.

Turn: :7c: (Pot 54c)

BB checks. Hero bets 40c (You think this sizing is good ?)
      BB min-raises to 80c.
      Should I call here? You think a 4 or even 89 is in his range here?

Close to timeout Hero called.

River: :Ah:

BB snap goes allin. Hero fold. (Classic fold for me. Don't think there is a chance that my opponent is Bluffing)

So what you think. You think I played right especially the call on the turn and the sizings of my bets or would you do something different?
  • 3 replies
    • MatoStar
      MatoStar
      Bronze
      Firstly I would like to know if you had Jc or not :-) but doesn't matter actually, because the minraises are very often superstrong hands, so you should be cautious. We don't want to call OTT, because you will have to fold OTR. We haven't any clean out. Rather call here FD or SD with some clean outs.
      Against the nitty player I would definitely make snap fold, really had 98 imo :D
    • Tonyx86
      Tonyx86
      Bronze
      I would go bigger OTF and smaller OTT.

As played i dont like the call on villains minraise. U only have a bluff catcher. If we call because of the good prize, it should be a fold on almost every river bet.
    • nitrol
      nitrol
      Silver
      When you bet big on turn and face a raise, you should be folding.