This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 QJo

• Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy hand converter:

Known players:
      MP3:
      $11.20
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $6.65
      SB:
      $23.90
      BB:
      $5.25

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, Q.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, BB calls.

Flop: (16.00 SB) 9, J, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BB raises to $1.20, Hero calls.

Turn: (32.00 BB) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2.00, Hero raises to $5.00, BB calls.

River: (118.50 BB) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: 118.50 BB.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Preflop: OK.
      Flop: OK but wouldn't be a mistake to fold here. Depends what are his stats and with what can he do that. Could it be that he is raising you here with flushdraw or just a straight draw?
      Turn: I'd play here Check/Call and revalue river, I do not like to raise here after he raised you on flop.
      River: If he bets again then it will be hard to to call here, mostly we are beaten. You will need some reads on him to make the call profitable.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I raised the turn because he's a midstack and just calling would pretty much commit me anyway, and because I wanted him to get it in on the turn with a flushdraw instead of getting away on the river.

He showed down TT. I was baffled.

I think he was unknown, I'm not sure.. stats are a huge part of how I play and I will start to note down stats when I note down the hand, so far I've been too lazy to look up opponent and his stats before posting every hand.. :)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I am folding on the flop, because you are never really ahead. Either you are slightly ahead or way behind. If he is bluffing or semibluffing frequently though I like your line.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar